Carenado Installation Troubles

n987pl

Anyone having trouble installing Carenado Skylane and C90 King Air? My brother has a steam installation on a separate drive from where Windows 7 64 bit resides and after several back and forths with Carenado support, they've given up. On the install, there was a missing .dll that referenced the C:\ directory even though our steam installation was on E:\

My issue was a native install (not Steam) on my G:\ drive. Windows 7 64 bit resides on my C:\ drive. I tried to install the new C90 GTX from Carenado and it puked on the install again trying to reference an expected file on the C:\ drive even though my FSX install is on G:\. I've installed many Carenado add-ons before without any issue.

Got this fixed. You just have to recheck the radio button for FSX after picking it once so it finds where your FSX installation exists. Little bug, but I finally got it installed without any problems.

• 3 years later...
Anyone having trouble installing Carenado Skylane and C90 King Air? My brother has a steam installation on a separate drive from where Windows 7 64 bit resides and after several back and forths with Carenado support, they've given up. On the install, there was a missing .dll that referenced the C:\ directory even though our steam installation was on E:\

My issue was a native install (not Steam) on my G:\ drive. Windows 7 64 bit resides on my C:\ drive. I tried to install the new C90 GTX from Carenado and it puked on the install again trying to reference an expected file on the C:\ drive even though my FSX install is on G:\. I've installed many Carenado add-ons before without any issue.

I have installed your aircraft in my computer, but I am sorry to say, that it "grinds my computer to a halt", regardless what graphics-or simulator settings I select. I initially followed your set-up instructions as per your pdf file, but that did not work at all. I am running FSX (boxed version)in Win7 64bit with all the relevant updates and my computer has 12GB of RAM plua a NVIDIA GeForce GTX1050TI graphics card. All my other installed aircraft display and perform without any problems. Pse. advise if you can supply a solution to this problem?

Archived