Improved Mini Panel v 3.1

Ray Hff

Did you DL and install the v3.0 first? I think it's drift gauge works, and when you load the v3.1 over it, it remains because the 3.1 doesn't overwrite it. But I may be wrong. I'll take a look in a bit and see what mine does...

Greatest minipanel I've ever seen, by the way. I use both the FS9 and FSX versions exclusively! Heck, I comment out planes' that DO come with an included minipanel so they'll use it instead.

Anyway, as I say, I'll take a look in a few and see what I can see!

Have fun!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Phanton thanks for trying.

In the 3.1 cfg file the author has inactivated the call for the drift meter with "//" leading every line in the drift gauge segment of the cfg file.

I got rid of the "//" but it did not help.

I'm not familiar with cab files so I really couldn't investigate that.

I loaded the v3 cab file in FSX gauges and and changed the cfg file call to the V3 gauge as "gauge00=MiniPanelV3!TWiDv2, 1,1,230,230"; but, that didn't work either.

On the left side of the mini panel you can see the upper 1/2 of the TWiDv2 gauge. It's like a half moon compass running + or - 10 to 20 degrees; but it does not function.

I appreciate your try. If you think of anything else, pleased write.

Ray

Phantom here's the fix.

I left V3.1 panel installed as noted in zip file.

Following your idea, I took the V3 cab file and moved it into the gauges folder.

The drift file noop'd in the original cfg is just an independent pop up and is not relevant.

The really necessary change to the cfg file is to change the Minipanel00 section of the cfg file to read:

"gauge06=MiniPanelV3!TWiDv2, 218,612,95,95 // Drift Gauge" which calls the V3 cab and changes the gauge position to a slightly higher position.

Thank you. Your idea made the difference.

After getting the drift gauge to work, by trial and error I came up with this long winded work around to get the TCAS gauge to work:

Download and install the Antonov 124 RW aircraft (filename: "124_rw.zip") which has a

working TCAS gauge. It's an interessting aircraft in it's own right.

Copy the Antonov TCAS_v2.CAB to the FSX Gauges folder.

Change the Minipanel00 section of the Minipanel.cfg file by adding these lines:

gauge62=TCAS_V2!TCAS_Alert_12, 2000,0,,// was 540,560,50,25

gauge63=TCAS_V2!TrafficInfo_V2, 0,0,0,0

gauge64=TCAS/Sound3!dsd_xml_sound3, 0,0,,, ./gauges/TCAS/Sound.ini

Change the MiniPanel08 section of the Minipanel.cfg file to read:

Background_color=0,0,0

size_mm=450,400

window_size_ratio=1.000

//position=0

visible=0

ident=1025

window_size= 0.303, 0.345