Physics Course Using Xplane (HELP)

MGD99

Hello guys,

I am wondering how to find specific values for the lift generated in cooperation with the speed of the aircraft. I am very very new to X-Plane 10 and haven't used it properly before. I do however have 100+ hours across other flight sim platforms.

If any one knows how to find these values that would be amazing!!

Thanks guys :)))

I'm not certain how deep into the physics you want to get but here is a quote and a couple of formulae from a NASA webpage.

For thin airfoils, at small angles of attack, the lift coefficient is approximately two times pi (3.14159) times the angle of attack expressed in radians.

Cl = 2 * pi * angle (in radians)

The modern lift equation states that lift is equal to the lift coefficient (Cl) times the density of the air ® times half of the square of the velocity (V) times the wing area (A).

L = .5 * Cl * r * V^2 * A

lifteq.gif

Does that help? If you want I can post a link to the page that contains the stuff I just quoted.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

It does yeah, im looking for high school, think its grade 12 sort of comparison?¿ Im in Scotland its Highers. Basically I was looking for an insim figure that I could get off the sim without much of any calculations.

I love your nasa quote that will help on the other hand on this experiment.

Matthew

Archived