Is the Video Card Dying?

Thank you all for your input.

My home pc did not have an AV (now added to lessons learned and remedied) as the downloads for FS were from my job PC which did a scan each time per the notations I saw on screen. I trusted the corporate firewall more.

I deleted all of the FS stuff plus any other add ons and did a boot from my XP-SP3 disc Which seemed to repair the problem (for now at least). Did a scan with the software recommended in one of the links in the thread (Malwarebytes and SUPERantispyware). Got three hits which were 2 ID'd as PUP and one adware. Will be running the MS Removal Tool again along with the Norton Power Eraser.

This was just for now to get my FS up and running. The long term is to install a new drive with W7 for my gamer and set up an internet connection. My old one was a dial up about 5 years ago which is why I was using the work PC for surfing. I will be needing your assistance again to set up the internet link but that is for latter and another thread.

Again, thanks for your assistance. That's what I love about this hobby, extended family so to speak. Keep Well.

Archived