Flight Plans - TTools

paulfar

In the past few months I've seen a couple of unrealistic flight plans, which I must have created many moons ago when I was just learning the features of TTools.

1. While waiting for T/O at EBBR, a Continental 737-200 was on approach and arriving from KDFW. Somewhat unrealistic. Right?

2. Waiting for clearance at LIRF, an Embraer 190 (Flybe) was cleared to KIND. Also unrealistic.

Not a major problem, but I was wondering if there is a way to ID these flight plans in TTools so I can make corrections. I've got tons of self-created flight plans and to search through all of them for the Acft # or flight # would take weeks. I guess I could simulate a mid-air refueling scenario and shine it on.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Paul

It's easy...check the aircraft list and search for that aircraft then once you find the number check that in the flight plans text file and change it...and do that for all of them...I do get that sometimes...I once had an a300 Lufthansa flying out of Winnipeg...laughing out loud...but then I checked it and fixed it...don't forget to compile...I've done that too many times where I loaded up at where the aircraft was supposed to be and then realized that I hadn't compiled it at all..lol

Also when you open the flight plans use the 'FIND' function in notepad it may save you a lot of searching.

you can also use the 'REPLACE' function as well, handy for changing lots of entries, but be careful wit that one you don't replace stuff you didn't intend, so make a copy of the plans first.

Thanks Darren. I'll follow your suggestion, although it may be time consuming, since I probably have 1,000 + flight plans world wide. The good news is that these goofy plans were probably created quite a while ago and should be fairly close to the top of the list.

Paul

Hi Paul,

Or get Don's AI Traffic Planner as it's a much better tool - and freeware... I believe all the groups creating AI Traffic use it... It's been under active development and improvement for years... Amazing piece of kit - really...

http://stuff4fs.com/newpage.asp?JS=True&Folder=AIFP

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

...it may be time consuming, since I probably have 1,000 + flight plans world wide. The good news is that these goofy plans were probably created quite a while ago and should be fairly close to the top of the list.

If you have the Traffic Toolbox installed you can use the Explorer to identify what file is calling any specific AI plane.

All you need is the Traffic Toolbox SDK- http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/resources/traffic-toolbox-sdk.41/

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

All of these programs are a great way to fix the problem I hope you can fix the issues, I have been spending time with ttools with my flight plans getting airports I go to a certain airport...I find there are a lot of airports I haven't got any ai in it but that usually don't last long...anyways hope what we've told you helps somehow

Hi Darren,

In FS9 - WOAI pretty much has the commercial side of the house covered - for GA flights there is a fantastic tool to automatically populate airports globally with any volume of GA traffic... It's in the lib and just look for GA Traffic Tool by Markus Brunner... You pick the planes you want to use and it populates fairly realistic flights - "automagically" - over the entire planet - while weighting the flights to keep them away from class Bravo's and such - another fine piece of kit... Sure makes the GA world come alive...

Regards,

Scott

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bJQZKiw.png

Many thanks to all who posted suggestions, comments, etc. Typical of the great assistance & support for guys like me who need to be pointed in the right direction. I'll be checking out the programs, etc which were recommended.

Regards,

Paul

Archived