Planning A Route

SouthportGuy

I became a member of Navigraph. I installed new FMC data and have started using the Charts Cloud.

in the PMDG 777 I planned a route: CYYZ to KORD. The route I got from sky vector was JARVS V2 SVM V116 NEPTS V228 THORR. So I selected my SID but didn't enter my STAR because I was giving a shot at waiting until I was closer to KORD to listen to ATIS, get my available rrunways, then choose a STAR then.

One problem is, as I got close to KORD 60-80nm out I kept trying to get ATIS (135.40) and ATIS never kicked in.

My second problem is, using Navigraph, how can I know which STAR chart is the arrival chart to use? When I bring up the STAR charts I have no idea if the waypoint at the beginning of the STAR is anywhere near the last point in the route above (THORR)?

Home Airport - Southport Airport, Southport, Manitoba, Canada| FSX/Acceleration | MSI GT70 Laptop | Windows 8.1 -64bit | Intel ® Core i7-3630 QM | CPU@ 2.4GHZ (cores can dynamically overclock to up to 3.2 GHz (920XM)) | Ram 12GB | NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670M discrete graphics card (with GDDR5 3GB VRAM)

I use also FSCommander. I researched Thorr, and as far as I can see, it has no connection to any star from KORD. I read some where that the route finders are not always correct. I now plan my own routes. The route I would use would be a little further north by way of Flint, Michigan. Pemba2.Derlo Q822 Tanko Paitn4.FNT. Also, I tried the ATIS sitting at KORD. It worked for me. Hope this helped.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

Archived