Folders

BuzziBi

I don't know about other .cab file compression software, but with CabDir, no, all the files to be compiled into the .cab file must be in the same directory (folder, sorry, old DOS user). It only compiles from the folder you tell it to. You can't tell it to use several different folders, just one.

Does it compile the folders WITHIN the main folder, IE: sub-folders, I can't say. It may, I never tried it.

To include an image, just put it in the same folder all the rest is in. Say you have an XML and 3 .BMPs, just put them al in the same folder, then tell it to compile that particular folder.

Does that help?

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Look at the .cab files from FS2004 (FS9). They used two sub-folders for ..\640 and ..\1024 bitmaps. The appropriate sized bitmap would be auto-loaded based on the sim's resolution settings.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Ok, I wasn't sure if subfolders worked or not...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

"n4gix" Excuse me for asking, but is not this choice made in the aircraft.cfg file?

No it is not. It is something that is controlled entirely by the .xml "gauge" script in the CAB file, and is based on the user's chosen screen resolution for the simulator. For example, the altimeter script for the Beech Baron calls for named bitmaps. The sim will load the correct version from the ..\640 or \1024 sub-folder automatically:

mS5Ul.png

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Archived