PMDG777 - Determining optimum cruise alt

SouthportGuy

How do I go about determining the optimum cruise for the 777? I've completed the tutorial to Dubai but now I'm trying to program my own route into FMC and I need the optimum alt so that at T/D I don't get the "Unable Cruise Alt".

I respectfully request that answers come from people who like to help/instruct in FSX. I don't want to hear "Just read the manual". I've read the manual and I see nothing on how to address my problem.

Home Airport - Southport Airport, Southport, Manitoba, Canada| FSX/Acceleration | MSI GT70 Laptop | Windows 8.1 -64bit | Intel ® Core i7-3630 QM | CPU@ 2.4GHZ (cores can dynamically overclock to up to 3.2 GHz (920XM)) | Ram 12GB | NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 670M discrete graphics card (with GDDR5 3GB VRAM)

The FMC will tell you what the optimum is after you have gone through the INIT process (the cruise altitude is weight dependent) - simply adjust your CRZ ALT to fit. Otherwise you will have to find a copy of the 777 Flight Performance Planning Document and work the numbers yourself.

DJ

Archived