Virtualcol - dash 8 series x fsx p3d ?????

aharon

Shalom and greetings all my pals,

Is payware VIRTUALCOL - DASH 8 SERIES X FSX P3D for 20 bucks really good or crappy?? I am interested in beautiful exterior appearances of the plane for sake of beauty of screenshots!!!

I do not mind unimpressive cockpit panel as long as it flies REALISTIC and has GREAT exterior appearance.

Why am I showing interest in VIRTUALCOL - DASH 8 SERIES X FSX P3D? Because I cannot find AMAZING HIGH QUALITY freeware Q100s and Q200s in Caribbean themed liveries and in Alaskan themed liveries.

Thanks,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Hi,

I don't have it, but it is, let's just say-kept easy and simple with the systems, but it looks quite nice.

Medicore VC, medicore flight dynamics, but looks ok, and that's what you want.

Wouldn't really bother spending 20 bucks on that thing-perhaps try the Majestic aircraft-but that is very hardcore simming and it'll take you a lot of time to master it, plus it's not exactly a beautiful plane for 20 bucks-but something expensive with focus put on systems and realism.

My Blog:http://thebadpilotsblog.blogspot.com/ My PC: i7-3970X up to 4.0GHz, Gigabyte GTX970 OC, Asus X79 Rampage IV Extreme, Kingston HyperX Beast XMP 16GB, Samsung 850 PRO 256GB SSD, Western Digital Black 2TB, Noctua NH-D15, Thermaltake SE Smart 630W, Cooler Master CM690 III, Windows 10.

I bought the VIRTUALCOL CH-46. I consider it he worst plane I've ever put in my hanger. But it looks pretty good from the outside. Since their products seem to be hugely cheap, I consider this a case of "You get what you pay for." I still haven't found anyone else that even models that plane and I flew one RW for years so it's still around. Though I haven't been in it for a long long time.

Based on my experience if you're much more into screenshots than simming, their products might be just your ticket.

BTW: I truly enjoy almost all of your screenshots!I look forward to your next flight!

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Thanks all for kind explanations. Like I said, I do not mind unimpressive cockpit panel as long as it flies REALISTIC and has GREAT exterior appearance.

However, I heard from some people that it has bad exterior appearance which can affect quality of beauty of screenshots that I like to take and publish.

I am going to give a try to freeware Dreamwings Dash -100/-200 series plane to see if it looks good.

All I want is Dash 100/200 in Era (Ravn) livery, Tobago Express livery, and Air Jamaica Express livery all of them in extremely crisp sharp liveries with crisp sharp airline fonts.

Regards,

Aharon

CQwL8Nm.png

Aharon, if you are looking for a Dash 8 that flies realistic and has great exterior appearance, then the VirtualCol models are not what you want. The textures aren't terrible, but they are not up to the standards of developers like Carenado, PMDG, or the Majestic Dash 8. The flight dynamics are awful. You can get them off the ground, but they trim so badly nose down with flaps extended that you can't flare them for landing. I have not only the Dash 8, but also the ATR-42 and ATR-72, and I don't fly any of them. Money wasted as far as I'm concerned.

Premiar make a freeware Dash 8. A bit dated now, and the textures probably are not what your looking for, but they fly better than the VirtualCol models.

VirtualCol does have good sounds, if that helps.

Elmo

Elmo, thanks for your input.

Okay here is the story. I decided to try freeware Dreamwings Dash Q100/Q200 series and it is EXCELLENT. However unfortunately, there is no high quality and extremely crisp sharp airline font Tobago Express livery, Air Jamaica Express livery, and RAVN (Era) liveries. Know anybody who can paint excellent quality liveries with ultra sharp airline fonts for freeware Dreamwings Dash Q100/Q200 series?

CQwL8Nm.png

• 4 years later...