Aircraft taxi to one side of taxiway...not down centre line.

Nic Jackson

Hi Guys

The problem is as described in the title, at T2G Orlando and UK2000 Gatwick the AI aircraft taxi with the left or right main gear almost on the grass and the nose wheel off to one side of the taxiway central guide line. Also cuts over the grass when vacating active, checked AFCAD and all seems well, certain I do not have dual AFCADS in play for these two addon sceneries.

Asked over at AVSIM and had some ideas and suggestions but nothing has helped thus far. Any Ideas here?

Any ideas just come back into flightsimming...amazing how much you forget..

Regards

Nic

..........certain I do not have dual AFCADS in play for these two addon sceneries...........

Hi Nic,

You may unwittingly have duplicate AFCADS - do you have any payware third party AI traffic software installed - many of these will include their own basic versions of an AFCAD, usually based on/mirroring the FS default to which they marry up their AI flight plans. Whilst these basic AFCADs should be ignored by FS they sometimes cause problems.

If you have third party software try these simple solutions to alleviate the problem:

1. Check your FS scenery listing for an suitable entry. For example my AI software is Traffic 360 (I solely use FSX these days) and it has an entry in the scenery list of Traffic 360 Airport Facilities. If you have such an entry make sure that is listed below all other addon scenery entries but above the default scenery entries.

2. Check the AI install folder and see if there are any AFCADs listed - again in 360 there is a folder that has loads of AFCADS. If so search for and delete/backup the duplicated AFCADS. Also note that the AI software may not use the 'real' ICAO - for example in 360 all of the military airfields and some of the smaller civil airfields are given a 'dummy' ICAO (eg RAF Coningsby EGXC is listed as JFXC. Likewise, some of the larger airports may be 'split' into multiple AFCADS to separate different parking areas so you may see something like EGKK, EGK1 EGK2 or EGKK, 1GKK 2GKK.

If you don't have third party AI it is worth checking to see if there are 'errant' AFCADS using the naming conventions stated at para 2 above. I would do this by doing a search at the top level of FS folder using a widecard search - for example *EGK.

Regards

Brian

http://www.scruffyduck.org/simple-airport-scanner/4584282795

will show all airport scenery af (airport facilities) type files using your FS9.cfg as an index. It will list in inverse priority that is the last found has priority. Once the scan is completed, and it takes awhile, you can apply the ICAO filter and also check the option to only show duplicate entrees. Be sure to read the short documentation.

Be aware that some scenery does use multiple af tagged files to get around some FS limitations. These will usually be in the same scenery folder and are used as overlays.

The author is Jon Masterson who wrote Airport Design Editor. (Both are freeware).

KMSP - Minnesota: Land of 10,000 Puddles

Support Team

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived