UK2000 Scenery request for help

ChristoffNY

Hi all,

I know UK2000 Scenery has its own dedicated forums, but as I havent been accepted yet I thought I'd appeal to hte larger FS Community for help.

The scenery is great but I'm trying to change where the AI aircraft are parking. I have ADE but when I try to compile the airport it says it cannot find bglcomp.exe. I'm trying to get into the SDK folder on fsx disk 1 but my computer for some reson is taking ages to open the SDK folder so for now I've given up.

Not all of the gates/stands are modeled in the scenery (again something I've been trying to rectify.

I was wondering if, I make the changes and save the file and send to someone via email, if youmay be able to compile it for me and send it back as a bgl so I can then pop it into the scenry folder and thus update the airport?

Happy New Year to all!

ChristoffNY

Is the cd spinning for a long time?

I have a ASUS F1ST dvd writer. It came with the dvd burning software power2go8.

With that installed, and automatically starting, loading the fsx DVD took ages and ages.

It turned out the burning software was reading the files to prepare for disk copying.

This caused a conflict with the Explorer window that was trying to view the files as well.

I stopped Power2Go from starting automatically with windows. Now the FSX dvd is read right away.

(The software still works for dvd burning fine, jus t need to start it manually. Fine by me.)

I heard the same issue about other (dvd burning) apps.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi il88p!

Is there any easy way to find out if my burning software is trying to read the disk when I click on the subfolders?

If I close My Computer and try to open it again, the whole of My Computer takes ages to load and I usually have to restart.

Regards,

ChristoffNY

my computer was also slow to start up when booting with the dvd in the drive and the dvd software installed to start automatically.

I think it is because the fsx installer starts automatically at bootup.

As it was a dvd thing I suspected the software.

First I uninstalled the dvd software. Then the dvd worked as expected.

I then installed fsx.

I reinstalled the dvd software and tested. The problems with the drive were back.

I considered not reinstalling the dvd software again, but decided to install it and stop it from starting automatically. That did the trick. No more dvd issue with the fsx dvd.

Or perhaps I misunderstood? Did you mean you now stopped the dvd software from starting, and that causes a slow boot of the pc?

If so, is that with the dvd loaded?

Or also with an empty drive?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived