aircabin sound

Tigani

Hello

i have TSS sound pack for A320 CFM

the question is about aircabin sound ( cookpit cooling , air cond sound .. whatever )

i want to reduce engine volume but in the same time i want to keep that aircabin volume high

now when i reduces engine volum the aircabin volume go low with it

and when i increase it aircabin volume go high with it .. and so on

bottom of line can i separate between those 2 sounds so i can reduce engine sound without effecting aircabin ?

Given that in FS9 you can adjust cockpit noise and engine noise separately, but given also that when you adjust the engine sound the cabin noise follows suit, I think you can safely assume that FS9 isn't going to help you. The cabin noise has been added by TSS to the engine noise, so if there is a TSS setting change.......

All sounds you hear in that plane are separate little sound files (played on a loop).

THese files are in the aircraft's sound folder.

You want to find the file that is responsible for the cooling or whatever. Make it's volume larger.

Leave the engine sounds unchanged.

Job done.

Here's how.

You would have to look through the sound folder of your aircraft and find the sound file ( probably a .wav file) that is responsible for that cockpit cooling sound whatever.

You find this by double clicking each .wav so it get's played in MediaPlayer, and then listening very carefully. Each .wav in turn, until you find the one.

Then make two copies.

One for safe keeping. Put it in a folder where you keep originals of files. (that could be a subfolder you create in the sound folder the file is in. I have a folder on a separate drive for these kind of things.). Again, it's for safe keeping.

The other copy you place on your desktop. This is for editing purposes.

Then start editing the file, with an audio editing program.

(For example 'Audacity' (Is free and open source.))

You open one of the file, edit to increase the volume, then save again. (easy edits really.)

Then you place the edited file back to the location it came from. Replacing the one that is used now.

When I do that I usually first rename the original one that is there, as an extra backup thing. Let's say the name is:

swoosh.wav

I would 'rename' that to:

swoosh.wav.bak

Adding the extension .bak disables a file.

(Windows will throw up a warning if you add .bak, but you can OK that. After all, you made a backup elsewhere already)

After the renaming you copy the file you created with the increased volume to the sound folder. That's your new swoosh.wav file.

The following is not important but nice to know. By definition Windows will never do anything to a .bak file on it's own so you know it will remain there and won't get executed by something else by mistake. (The .bak extension is by convention never used by programs in filenames)

Audacity is a really intuitive program. You will have edited your first sound in minutes. Easy to install, Open source, and free.

Enjoy,

il88pp

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived