FSX Crash (Update)

Kent33

I posted of this earlier, i.e. Win10 upgrade and FSX crash, and FSX crashing after reverting to Win 7.

I also followed the instructions found here for properly uninstalling and reinstalling FSX-SE. I also resorted to the Windows Recovery option of restoring to factory condition.

Then I ended up in closed loop. First a "system starting services" message then a "Windows can't start services" message. Each time I restarted, even in safe mode, the same sequence of messages and no option to exit the recovery program.

Bear with me please, this isn't a Windows question.

It finally dawned on me that I use IOBIT's Advanced System Care program with Turbo Boost that stops unneccesary services for gaming. I would have done that before my last attempted flight and crash, and then forgot to restore to "work" mode before starting the Win7 Recovery. I need DOS help to start with the command prompt so as to somehow exit the loop.

I also think(?) I know why FSX may have crashed to begin with. This is my FSX question for the forum. Sometime ago I tweaked the highmemfix up in the .cfg file. After the reinstall it would have reverted correct? Could that have overloaded memory and caused the sim to crash?

Archived