Im not convinced (yet)

kiri

Why is FSX forum more active?? Maybe because of all the problems people have with FSX???

Why is FSX still the most popular? Biggest, best third-party support. Biggest, best freeware library. Biggest number of users. FS9 is great for those with old hardware. P3D is still, probably forever, a niche market, intended for training, not for recreation. The P3D license will always prevent it from being marketed like FS9 or FSX, no matter how much winking and nudging goes on here in the forums.

Why is FSX forum more active?? Maybe because of all the problems people have with FSX???

Many "problems" are not real problems at all, people are often simply asking for advice on which buttons and keys and sliders to adjust etc, and we old hands are happy to give them the benefit of our vast experience interspersed with our superhuman witty remarks, accompanied by sensational screenshots.

The FSX forum is therefore more like a cross between a Borg Collective and a Vaudeville Theatre that attracts punters in large numbers..:)

It's kind of interesting that the hottest thread lately for FS2004 is the Windows 10 and FS2004 Discussion.

It looks like many FS2004 users are having difficulties getting this older sim to work with Microsoft's latest OS. This would indicate that FS9 users (as well as FSX and P3D users) have their share of problems.

Actually, look at any complex software and you will see a number of users with problems. It just isn't FSX, P3D or FS2004 users who experience frustration.

Mike Mann

Guest lavochkin

This is funny. A person is asking what sim to get and everyone worried about what everyone else says and not giving this person the pros and cons and helping him.

Of course I love it, because I get a reaction to everything I write on here.

I have always loved having a stir stick in my hand.

Have a great day.

I love to stir the pot as well. :D

I also question the validity of answering the OP as he has since posted a thread in the Prepar3D Forum titled Not for me...? where he questions his eligibility to run P3D due to the EULA. Needless to say that thread got locked down quick!

Mike Mann

Archived