ORBX FTX Global Base compatability with GEX-NA and UTX-USA

dnpaul

So I took the plunge and got ORBX FTX-EU-Scotland and like it a lot. I'm thinking about getting FTX Global Base while it is on sale, but I have GEX-North America and UTX-USA which I am very happy with.

What issues would there be running both the GEX/UTX stuff with FTX Global?

Thanks! :D

UTX is fine but Global will replace the GEX ground textures. - Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

UTX is fine but Global will replace the GEX ground textures. - Doug

Thanks Doug. I went ahead and got it. I disabled all the GEX textures before install, everything went well. UTX is working well and actually seems to "fit" FTX better than it does GEX. I really like the combo of FTX Global and UTX so far.

Cheers!

Yes, I was flying a bush plane from Denver to Aspen recently and had to double check that Colorado wasn't one of my Orbx regions! UTX and FTX Global are fantastic together and give you a fantastic and realistic looking ground environment.

- Paul Elliott

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Come and follow my recreation of this historic light here: HERE

The only thing I am not clear on at this point is the GEX textures for UTX that I had activated when I was running GEX+UTX. Prior to installing FTX Global BASE, I disabled the GEX textures and the UTX option in the GEX interface. Should I have left the UTX stuff in place? Everything seems fine, but I want to make everything work as well as it can!

Archived