Juist is one of the eastfrisian islands separating the open North Sea from the Wadden Sea towards the eastfrisian mainland.
Juist is an island formed by dunes, about 17 km long, but less than a kilometer wide. It can be reached from Norddeich by a tide dependent ferry or by plane. In fact, Juist airfield is one of the busiest in Lower Saxony.
Juist is covered by the default scenery in a rather simple way. But two commercial add-on packages cover the island:
- the "East Frisian Island" scenery of Stairport/Aerosoft, which greatly improves the airfields and adds some buildings.
- the "Landmarks of Germany - Niedersachsen & Bremen" package of FSDG, which adds the lighthouse.
My scenery add-on tries to provide compatibility with both of these packages.
- trees are removed from the south side of the island and around the airfield (Stairport scenery) but added around lake Hammer
- the default "Domaene Bill" and "Domaene Loog" buildings are replaced by more realistic 3D models with night lighting
- the round houses on the tanks of the sewage plant as well as a multi-storey building near the east end of the main village are removed. A glass house standing on the site is added.
- landing stages, ships and boats are added to the harbour; the sight-seeing tower at the harbour entrance is added. It does not exist in the default scenery and exists only as a very generic model in the Stairport add-on. Now in both cases my tower is displayed.
- the non-operational Juist lighthouse is added (non-operational means, that it is not allowed to shine towards the sea, its lamp has to shine land-ward - 6 sec on, 6 sec off).
- the "second" light house introduced by FSDG is removed.
- the island church has been added to the main village.
- some horses are placed onto the meadows
- a white line visible east of the Juist village is removed as well as possible
- corrections are applied to the dune promenade (non-existing houses removed, night lights added)
- the water tower has been added
- the former train shed has been added. In the previous century Juist did not have a harbour (which was built in the early 1980's only), but a pier with engine driven trains for the transportation of people and goods. The train shed (called the "Black Hut" or "Black Pad" - "Schwarze Bude") is a building which remained. The train shed was only necessary for the stairport version of my scenery (where the default building has been removed for whatever reason), but once created I also added it the the default version.
The senery comes in two versions, one for users of the the "East Frisian Island" scenery of Stairport, and one for users of the default / FSDG scenery. Only one can be used at a time.
For more information please read the README.TXT file which can be found in the archive.