About This File
North Sea, Norwegian Ocean and Irish Sea oil/gas offshore installations.
Placement of all Norwegian, Danish, Dutch, German, Irish, Russian, Polish and British oilrigs in the North Sea/Norwegian Ocean/Irish Sea/Baltic Sea/Celtic Sea. Version 2.2 pinpoints about 500 rigs, FPOS and loading bouys in the Norwegian Ocean, the North Sea,the west coast of United Kingdom and the Baltic Sea. I do not have accurate 3D models of the platforms, so the default MS Flightsim oilrig and oil tanker is used in all the locations. FPOS are made by merging the default platform and the default tanker. I have also added some oil tankers in the location of some of the loading buoys. The placement should be pretty accurate - source of positions are pulled from the Norwegian map autority's (Kartverket) electronic nautical charts (Norgeskart nautical charts),from Avinor IPPC service, from EMODmet and from a KML file found on the internet.... I'm pretty certain that all of the installations are covered - if you miss some, please let me know. There have been a lot of decommissioning and removal/clean up in the last years. I've tried to place only the installations still out there, but the cleanup is ongoing, so there will be some errors. Please let me know if you find some.....
This package was downloaded 11 161 times before it was removed from flightsim.to
Just drop in your community folder.
The free World update USA have to be installed - The MS Flightsim oilrig and tanker is a part of this package.
- Compiled with SDK 0.20.50
- The content in this package is identical to the one removed from flightsim.to
- Added rigs Petrobaltic and Petro Giant of coast of Poland in the Baltic Sea
- Buildt with SDK 0.15.0 for Sim update 1.20.6 compatibility.
- Buildt with SDK 0.14.0 for Sim update 1.18.15 compatibility.
- Added 106 POI positions. You can now start your flight in air, close to the oil/gas rigs, from the world map. You will also have POI markers on those positions.
- Finally - added landable helipads on all rigs and FPOS's (merged tankers/rigs with helipads). The oiltankers are not landable.
- Added 38 Dutch rigs and a tanker (loading bouy).
- Added 1 German rig
- Added 2 Irish rigs
- Added 2 Russian rigs in the Baltic Sea
- Added 1 Polish rig in the Baltic Sea.
- Added 20 Danish platforms.
- All British offshore oil/gas covered
- All Norwegian oil platforms/rigs in correct positions
- Some oil tankers in positions of loading buoys
You will still not crash when when hitting the rigs/tankers outside the helipads......
Big thanks to GBZH35 and his helpers to make the landable helipads making this update possible.