Pixel build up top screen

kaashaas

Okay. Can't find anything on the web about this so I'll try it here.

I run FSX:SE on a W10 machine. AMD Core 6 4.2GHz. NVidia GTX960, fullscreen.

There's this strange thing going on. In the corners and top op the screen little pixel-like dots build up. When stars are projected on the screen and I make a left turn for example, the stars will move over to the right of the monitor as they should since I'm turning but will stay stuck on the edge of the window. They never dissappear out of view. So after a while the edges of the screen have a white stripe that's 1 pixel in width. Switching view by 'glance right' or just changing view makes it dissapear again.

You might understand; it's not a big deal but it's like a bogey in someone's nose when in a meeting. Once you noticed it you can't stop looking at it.

Anyone?

Grtz.,

Hans

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

I can only think of a couple of things....since you run full screen mode, is your FSX resolution matching your Windows resolution? Have you tried changing this in your FSX.cfg?

[Display]

WideViewAspect=True

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

To see if this problem is FSX-related, I would rename the present FSX.CFG file, and print it out. Then start FSX and let it build a new file, when the "selection screen" (sorry, couldn't think of the right word for it) comes up, go to settings and adjust the mesh etc. resolution sliders to the desired values. Then continue to fly any aircraft for a few moments and seeing if the problem is there.

If it is, then the issue is probably not FSX-related, if things look as they should it's an issue with FSX.

In that case, get the printout from the old FSX.CFG and add the differences into the new one ONE BY ONE until the problem recurs, then you know what setting caused it. Change that setting back to what it was and then continue with the rest of the settings, again ONE BY ONE, until they all have been checked.

Jorgen

I'll try that tommorow. I think it's something with drivers or something to be honest; when I take a screenshot via a preset keystroke the pixels get darker. When I do that three times in a row they dissapear. I'll try and upload a screenshot.

It's really a very small anomaly, but killing it has just now become my mission for the weekend. :-)

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Hi Jorgen, thanks for the tips. I've backed up the config file as you described and let FSX create a new one from scratch. The pixel thingy was still there.

What I then did was change the connection between my graphic card and monitor. It was DVI and is now connected by an HDMI-connector. The pixel build-up is now gone. I put back the back up config-file and it's still gone. So it's probably something to do with the connection and not the config file?

Note: colors changed as well after the connection change from DVI to HDMI. I didn't like this and solved this by changing the refresh rate of the monitor to 59,9. Colors are now as bright as a baby's eyes. But guess what: even with a 'fresh' config file, the pixel anomaly is back! When I put the refresh rate back to the default 60Hz, it's gone again regardless of the 'fresh' or backed up cfg.

My next experiment tonight will be to see what will happen when I connect via DVI and I put the refreshrate to 59,9. Will it be gone?

Resumé:

DVI, 60Hz --> Anomaly

HDMI, 60Hz --> Okay

HDMI, 59,9 Hz --> Anomaly

DVI, 59,9 Hz --> ???

Stay tuned! :-)

Archived