ATC Window

usb777

Here's one if anyone can help. When opening the ATC window it opens I thought in the lower left of the screen. I am using triple monitors and would like to change it's default position when I open it. I tried saving it as a default flight but it still wants to open in the same spot. Not a big issue just not wanting to reposition it all the time. Maybe a hint. I am trying to search on Google as well.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

It kept opening on the lower left but split between the two monitors. Not sure why but I tried again moving it and resizing it and I saved the flight and it worked. Thought that was what it did but I have gotten so involved over the years customizing my FSX I know I sometimes change a setting somewhere and forget what I did. I think I have it now though. However, is there not a cfg file somewhere that these kind of changes can be made? It's the three monitors tha are real cool but as I am sure you know the 2D window corrections that I have had to make on all the aircraft 2D cockpits I use there.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I got it to stay where I placed it but it doesn't stay the same size, But works for me.

Mike G.

I always have to resize the ATC window to my liking after loading a saved flight. If I resize it and then save that flight, even as the default flight, it never saves the ATC window size, in that it always appears far too large when I reload that flight at a later time. Some people seem to think it can be done, but I've not had any luck with it. Sorry I can't help.

I always have to resize the ATC window to my liking after loading a saved flight. If I resize it and then save that flight, even as the default flight, it never saves the ATC window size, in that it always appears far too large when I reload that flight at a later time. Some people seem to think it can be done, but I've not had any luck with it. Sorry I can't help.

I have mine set to appear in the upper left of my screen and resized to my satisfaction. This is how I set up my default flight and it's never changed.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Mr Zippy, what exactly do you mean by 'default flight'? As you will know, you can set any of your saved flights as the default flight by ticking the box against 'Make this the default flight'. I have thus changed my default flight many times. Or do you mean the default flight that you get when you first install FSX (is it an Ultralight flying somewhere near Seattle?) - I don't know if I've still got that one.

Mr Zippy, what exactly do you mean by 'default flight'? As you will know, you can set any of your saved flights as the default flight by ticking the box against 'Make this the default flight'. I have thus changed my default flight many times. Or do you mean the default flight that you get when you first install FSX (is it an Ultralight flying somewhere near Seattle?) - I don't know if I've still got that one.

My default flight is what is under [uSERINTERFACE] situation= says in my FSX.cfg.

I have my Baron58 setup cold and dark at an airport with everything set as to how I want to start every flight in any aircraft. I never change that or ever fly that default flight. It's for aircraft setup only. I usually only have one other "saved" flight which is a cross-country flight of over 5 hours that I'm doing in 1 hour stretches.

IMHO you should not keep changing "default" flights. That can lead to major screw ups!

I'm willing to bet there is a lot of confusion as to what the "default flight" is supposed to be used for.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Archived