My experience with Carenado in P3Dv3.4.22

scrubuck

I had to recently reset W10 Pro on my PC. After last major update, I was experiencing random crashes out of the blue, and it was stable before the update. So I had to reinstall all my drivers and programs that linked to the registery. P3D is one of them. I went to reinstall my Carenado aircraft, 185F BUSH went back on just fine from my backups. T210M had the dreaded invisible textures. Finally had to dig out the installer and go from there. That worked. Evidently makes a registery edit somewhere or other. Today, I bought their 208B Grand Caravan HD from FSPILOT shop here. Installs well to P3D. Went to fly it, and No VC. Guages show up, but thats all. I figured it was like the T210, so reinstalled it. No good. After raising cain with their support site, I took a break and went out and ate supper with the family. Cooled down and got logical again. Got back home, and took the aircraft apart bit by bit. Know what I found out? There are no VC textures to be found in the entire download. Only thing in panel folder is the panel cfg, and their checklist thingy. No textures that were called for by the panel cfg were in the panel folder where they should have been according to the panel cfg paths. So I download another installer, thinking this one was bad. So was it. I created a false FSX folder on my pc, and directed it there. Analyzed the entire contents, but no textures for the VC. Can't have a VC without the textures that will show up. Probably be Monday before I hear back from them. I'm wondering how many installers out there are missing the textures in them for the VC. I can usually troubleshoot most of my aircraft, but never expected to run into this from a payware vendor.

• 2 weeks later...
I had to recently reset W10 Pro on my PC. After last major update, I was experiencing random crashes out of the blue, and it was stable before the update. So I had to reinstall all my drivers and programs that linked to the registery. P3D is one of them. I went to reinstall my Carenado aircraft, 185F BUSH went back on just fine from my backups. T210M had the dreaded invisible textures. Finally had to dig out the installer and go from there. That worked. Evidently makes a registery edit somewhere or other. Today, I bought their 208B Grand Caravan HD from FSPILOT shop here. Installs well to P3D. Went to fly it, and No VC. Guages show up, but thats all. I figured it was like the T210, so reinstalled it. No good. After raising cain with their support site, I took a break and went out and ate supper with the family. Cooled down and got logical again. Got back home, and took the aircraft apart bit by bit. Know what I found out? There are no VC textures to be found in the entire download. Only thing in panel folder is the panel cfg, and their checklist thingy. No textures that were called for by the panel cfg were in the panel folder where they should have been according to the panel cfg paths. So I download another installer, thinking this one was bad. So was it. I created a false FSX folder on my pc, and directed it there. Analyzed the entire contents, but no textures for the VC. Can't have a VC without the textures that will show up. Probably be Monday before I hear back from them. I'm wondering how many installers out there are missing the textures in them for the VC. I can usually troubleshoot most of my aircraft, but never expected to run into this from a payware vendor.

Carenado equip the aircraft with one of the nicer VC's. The fact that YOU don't have one is indicative of a problem with YOUR system or YOUR installation routine.

The issue (and one doesn't get to say this often with Carenado) is somewhere else.

Obviously, if a developer released products without critical textures, our forums wo9uld be filled with complaints. So if you do not have the vc textures after two downloads, look closely at your install routine as ark suggests.

turn OFF AV

Install as Administrator

be sure UAC is off

Good luck.

Vic

P3D Rig

I7 7700K @ 5.0ghz Asus Maximus X270 16G G.Skill 3600 15-15-15-18 2T EVGARTX2080ti Corsair 1000W PSU 1TB Samsung SSD for P3D - 2 - 256G OCZ Vector SSD - HAF X - Corsiar H100i V2 Liquid Cooler W10 64 Pro.

"VC textures" are normally found in the aircraft's ..\texture folder, not the ..\panel folder.

Bill Leaming http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Combat/0054.gif

Gauge Programming - 3d Modeling Military Visualizations

Flightsim.com Panels & Gauges Forum Moderator

Flightsim Rig: Intel Core i7-2600K - 8GB DDR3 1333 - EVGA GTX770 4GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

Development Rig1: Intel Core i7-3770k - 16GB DDR3 - Dual Radeon HD7770 SLI 1GB - Win7 64bit Professional

Development Rig2: Intel Core i7-860 - 8GB DDR3 Corsair - GeForce GTS240 1GB - Win7 64bit Home Premium

NOTE: Unless explicitly stated in the post, everything written by my hand is MY opinion. I do NOT speak for any company, real or imagined...

Archived