speed, part 1

wolf2

thanks, charlie! yup, the corsair is an iconic and graceful bird, not to mention uniquely recognizeable. i had a wonderful freeware f4u-4 but it doesnt work in acceleration, really miss it.

Phil Colvin

Always liked the racing liveries! Excellent capture.

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

There is a great FSX native Alpha Bleu Ciel Corsair over on Sim Outhouse. Up to date. Flies like a dream, and the VC has been update. Looks great! All tested thoroughly in FSXA and P3D.

You can find it here: http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=37&id=21982

Well worth a look, imo.

Those are great looking Mustangs, too. Thanks for a great post :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

thanks il88, bob and kenny!

il88: the red one is a supermarine spitfire mark XIV (more of it, in warpaint this time, in my thread "iconic" on this page), and the silver one is a north american p-51d mustang. personally, i've always felt these two planes are tied for first place as the best looking single seat piston aircraft ever. of course there are many other great looking fighters, it's only my opinion.

bob: yup, the bearcat has a phenomenal thrust-to-weight ratio, and "rare bear" is the fastest ever. and the p-38 certainly has classic and iconic lines.

kenny: you bet. the corsair and lightning were great and important fighters, as were the thunderbolt and hellcat, among others. and earlier, the f4f and p-40 were crucial. i am talking strictly about looks alone when i claim the mustang and spit as the best, and of course that's totally subjective. my opinion's no better than anyone else's.

Phil Colvin

I agree, those two are the prettiest, no question.

The fastest production fighter of the day, though was the Dornier DO-335. FUNNY looking airplane, but it's one fast little critter :D

Thumbnai_Al.jpg

That's the plane by CR1, for FS9. I flew it in the RTWR a couple years back, and really enjoyed it :)

Have fun all!

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

thanks, patrick, adam and bob! patrick, adam and bob!

patick: yup, its way aheaid of its time!

bob: i dont know whats going on in this universe, but i feel certain that humor is one of the greatest things in it; thanks for making me laugh!

Phil Colvin

Archived