New Rig = Better VAS Stability?

cfelix

My current system is several CPU generations old. I was thinking of getting a new, top-end system but I was wondering if I'll get the improvement (bang-for-the-buck) I need. I use P3Dv3.4 and with my recent purchase of the PMDG 747v3 I'm constantly having problems with VAS. My current system has an i7 2600K (overclocked) and a NVIDIA GTX760 (2GB) video card. I am thinking of moving to an i7 7700 (overclocked) and a NVIDIA 1080 (8GB). Would this upgrade help with the VAS problems I'm having?

Charlie

It won't make any difference. The VAS problem is a software limitation due to FSX/P3D being being 32-bit processes. Hardware is not a cure.........Doug
Intel 10700K @ 5.0 Ghz, Asus Maxumus XII Hero MB, Noctua NH-U12A Cooler, Corsair Vengence Pro 32GB 3200Mhz, Geforce RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, and other good stuff.

It should help a little. I just upgraded from a i5 2400 w/GTX660. The NEW system is an i7 7700K w/GTX1060 6GB. I use FSX still -for now. But I'm happy with the results. It still stutters a bit, but I can barely notice. When it pauses, it merely blinks. And this is all predicated on how much you tax your system. I only use a few airports, and the ones I don't are deactivated w/Scenery Config editor. No photorealistic much of anything here. All my sliders are not all the way up, BUT...FSX runs really smoothly now. I just put in a 500GB WD Blue SSD, and things are smoother still...

Archived