Problem Installing Airport

klfarley

I downloaded this airport and followed the instructions and cannot get it to install properly. I have tried several different ways with no success. The instructions must be too generic for me to understand.

Any help would be appreciated.

FSX - FSX Scenery

FSX Scenery--Orlando International Airport

[ Download | View ]

Name: kmco20_fsx.zip

Size: 58,621 Date: 10-19-2010 Downloads: 4,179

FSX Scenery--Orlando International Airport (KMCO), Orlando, Florida (FL), v2.0. This scenery is for FSX SP2 only. This update corrects the ILS/DME on all ILS runways. Also adds gate signs. This updates all gates and parking. All jetways are visable and work. Correct gates for current airlines and cargo ramps. Added extras for a full working airport. Made using ADE. No extra files needed. By Rob Touchtone.

How I would do it if I installed it would be to extract the folder KMCO2.0 from the zip file. Open this folder and there is a Scenery folder there with 2 files in it...KMCO_ADEX_ADE.bgl and KMCO_ADEX_ADE_CVX.BGL

1. Add the folder KMCO2.0 to your FSX/AddonScenery folder and install the airport using your FSX/Settings/Scenery Library. OR

2. Add the 2 .bgl files to your AddonScenery/Scenery folder and then start FSX and let the scenery build from there!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thanks. I tried both of those methods and could not get it to work. There is something that I am missing and I cannot figure it out. I do use the Steam version of FSX. Would this make a difference?

I know it's tricky adding aircraft or repaints to FSX-SE and the same may go for adding scenery.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

There is a little bug using windows 7 and adding scenery

You might also want to try (instead of putting the scenery in the default add on scenery folder) creating your own scenery folder. Go to the "Addon Scenery" folder and make a new file called "Orlando International Airport". (or whatever you want, it doesn't matter). Then go in that folder and create another folder named "scenery". Put the BGL's in the "scenery" folder.

Eagles may soar, but weasels never get sucked into jet engines.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://gac16.blogspot.com/

Hi Ken,

Another option, a variation on that suggested by ryapad, is to install scenery outside of FSX in a dedicated folder created on your drive - C:\FSX Scenery for example. For it to work correctly the bare basics you must adhere to is this........

.bgl files must be placed in a sub-folder called Scenery and other files (such as .bmp, .dds etc) must be placed in a sub-folder called Texture.

So, at the very least, you will need to create a folder structure like this.....

C:\FSX Scenery\Scenery and C:\FSX Scenery\Testure

Activate the folder in FSX setting as normal.

Regards

Brian

Archived