Tinker AFB, OK (KTIK)

paulfar

I'm having a heck of a time locating any add on scenery or at least an AFCAD for Tinker AFB. Tinker is a major active USAF installation, so I thought there would be something out there. I've tried both major sites, MAIW and Google with no success. I get the feeling that such add ons are non-existent, but just thought I'd check with any military enthusiasts who may have come across something.. I may be stuck with the default. Oh well.

Thanks, Paul

Hi Paul,

MAIW does do a Tinker AFB package but in its original form it only represents the E-6B Mercury aircraft stationed there - either head back over to their website or search the library here where the package is available as the following filename - woamil6.zip

To install it you will need the WOAI installer (its linked in the description).

However, as you will likely to need the base generic MAIW Scenery Objects package you may well be better of going direct to the MAIW site. Note, if you are not aware you need to register on the site to download stuff. Once on the site if you hover your mouse over the Download Hanger entry and then select the File Search option if you use the phrase Tinker in the search box it will bring up the Tinker package (which has been reconfigured so it doesn't need the WOAI installer) and a USAF Boeing E-3 package that adds the E-3 to Tinker, Kadena and Elmendorf and provides AFCADS for the bases - the Tinker one being an update of the original provided in the E-6 package.

Regards

Brian

Thanks for the info guys; I'll ZIP (pun intended) over to the Sim Outhouse and check it out.

Brian; I did see the E-6 package at MAIW, but thought it was just an aircraft D/L, so if necessary, I'll go back and try to locate the AFCAD

Paul

Hi Paul,

The file at Sim Outhouse is by John Stinstrom who has done a lot of work with MAIW. It looks good to me (even though I have it installed in FSX as I no longer use FS2004) and will benefit from the MAIW packages for the AI models and callsigns etc.

Generally, any updated standalone airfield by John will already be coded to accept AI traffic from the multitude of MAIW packages available (if they have A/C that visit it) and some of them will actually need some elements from them. Also you will probably need to download some of John's other generic scenery objects, such as GSE equipment, to add extra life.

Most of his stuff can be found in the library here at FlightSim and/or over at AVSIM- use his name as a search phrase - and he has a varied selection of military bases for both FS2004 and FSX.

FYI another source for MAIW and other military related stuff is The Owls Nest website - see http://www.owlsnest.eu/

Happy flyin'

Regards

Brian

Archived