Justflight 2005 Traffic won't install to either fs9 or fsx on Win7

EssexMax

The title says it all really, I came across this supposedly compatible disk in my cupboard and tried to install it; no luck. In both instances of attempted installation (to fs9 and fsx both in original installation folders) things appeared to start as they should, but then after going through two or three windows everything just stopped. The computer didn't crash; the program didn't install; the disk just stopped turning and that was it. Is there a solution to this problem please? I can live without it, but thought it might add to interest.

Thanks for any info

Max

Did you try running the installer in compatibility mode for XP? Your FS install is in the root of C:\ ?

Also, is this made for FSX as well? Because if not the flight plans would have to be converted for FSX.

I have Justflight 2005 Traffic on disk also and had the same problem installing to Windows 7. I contacted JF customer service and they provided a free download version which installed fine. That was several years ago though.

I really didn't like it anyways because they attempted helicopter AI in that version. The helicopters taxied like planes, hovering a few feet off the ground down the taxiways and takeoff/land on the runways. It looked completely unrealistic. I installed my older version of Traffic 2004 instead.

For FSX you can't beat Traffic 360. I also have Ultimate Traffic 2 and like 360 better because of wider airport coverage, has B787, A350, A380 and airport service vehicles.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

I was looking at Just Flight traffic 360 myself a couple days ago and I was wondering about what it says here:

The enhanced Traffic Control Centre (TCC) lets you apply ChronoTraffic to individual flight plans as well as aircraft and provides the option to select only certain schedules (Military 2012, Summer 2012, Winter 2010, Spring 2012, Summer 2007 and VFR Traffic)

With the Military 2012 option, does that mean military planes won't show up if I don't select that option, or do they show up as well in Summer 2012, Spring 2012, etc?

Hi Max,

This could be related to the SafeDisc saga. I assume that you are successfully running FS9 using the 'patch that should not be mentioned' and, therefore, still have the SECDRV.sys file disabled by an Windows Update (WU), specifically KB3086255. JustFlight, like many other vendors, used SECDRV as an anti-piracy tool on their discs during the period late 2002 to early 2009 ish so any discs from this period relies on the SECDRV.sys file to be active.

Fortunately for Win 7/8/Vista users there are a number of workarounds.....

Remove the KB - Use the Windows Update (WU) page to find and remove the KB. However, note that WU will occasionally re-download the KB.

Configure SECDRV - MS has a page that describes how to 'restore' SECDRV functionality. See - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3086255/ms15-097-description-of-the-security-update-for-the-graphics-component-in-windows-september-8,-2015

Regards

Brian

With the Military 2012 option, does that mean military planes won't show up if I don't select that option, or do they show up as well in Summer 2012, Spring 2012, etc?

I never mess with schedules myself (I'm a scenery, user aircraft and livery guy), so whatever schedule installed by default, is flying ALL AI aircraft, including military.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Max,

Traffic 2005 came out 10 years before the KB3086255 patch (September 8, 2015) was issued, so it was some other safe disk problem. As I said, JF gave me the download version because of the issue.

MyTraffic 2006 was released as a free package a few years ago on SimMarket. I see it is no longer listed there so you may have to search around for it. I also have it and could make it available for download if you contact me. Like I said it was free so we can share it. :)

Here is the link https://www.dropbox.com/s/mldfoa3m8aenmq2/MT2006V41_for_FS9.zip?dl=0

Archived