how do I install download aircraft?

hassapisvic

Hi hass,

In response your query "Am I missing something?". Very likely. But without knowing what you've done so far the question is very hard to answer with any specificity. It would be helpful to cite at least one of the aircraft (filename and from where) you downloaded in order to see what may be confusing to a newcomer. In general, if you had no confusion with what was specified in the "Readme" and followed the advice exactly everything should have worked properly.

By the way, it's generally not necessary to even unzip the files. If Windows opened the file so you can see the contents, the files can be copied from the "folder" in the same manner as from any other folder.

Jim F.

Hi Jim,

Thank you for taking your time to answer my question. i describe what I have done so far.

I downloaded "lear_24.zip" file from this site, unzipped to temp folder where "Learjet_24" foler was created. In the Learjet_24 folder, I can see effects, model, panel, sound,textures.AMF and AI gatees Learjet24.air, Aircraft.cfg, LJ24.jpeg were found.

I moved whole this folder to my program files located at FSX/SImObjects/airplanes/learjet/24.

I just thought that everything necesary for the new addon aircraft will be in the unzipped learjet folder.

The problem is I have no instrument. I guess I am missing fundamental skills to work on FSX. Please advice me for what I have screwed up.

Hass

Correction.....learjet_24.zip. It has an updated panel. Is there a gauges folder maybe inside either the effects or panel folder that needs to be opened and copy/paste to either you FSX/Gauges folder or just copied into the aircraft panel folder?

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I moved whole this folder to my program files located at FSX/SImObjects/airplanes/learjet/24.

I may be wrong, and usually am, but: I hope that the end of that sentence is a typo. If you put stuff into FSX\Simobjects\airplanes\leajet\24 then no, it won't show up. That \24 is why. If you want it show, it has to be in \learjet_24 or something similar. No \ between the learjet and the 24.

Also, in the \panel folder, is there a panel.cfg that actually has [window_Titles], [window00], and so on, or just an entry that looks similar to this:

[fltsim]

alias=\FA-18C_FSXBA2016 16.1 Base\Panel.Fleet

If it's aliased, as shown, then does the folder it's calling out exist, and on the path specified?

If not, then you need to find out exactly where the panel.cfg folder it's calling really is, and change the alias= line to make it match.

Don't know if this helps, but...

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Hi Hass,

I don't know why but I was just notified of your response. I've checked my email several times over the last 8 hours and it just showed up. I couldn't find the file here but found it at FSX Addons. Here's the description:

An update to the Roger Martin Henry Tomkiewicz FS 2004 Ameristar Cargo Gates AI Lear 24 by adding Lars Roennig's Learjet 25 panel, Benoit Plamondon and Mark Cranstons Jetstar sounds, and texture thumbnail. 2D panel only, no VC.

​I haven't checked further but it sounds like you may need the original. A quick check showed no Readme and the references to AI concern me. Usually AI made usable for controlled flight are unsatisfactory. I'll check later if you want to pursue this.

Jim F.

Hi Hass,

I don't know why but I was just notified of your response. I've checked my email several times over the last 8 hours and it just showed up. I couldn't find the file here but found it at FSX Addons. Here's the description:

An update to the Roger Martin Henry Tomkiewicz FS 2004 Ameristar Cargo Gates AI Lear 24 by adding Lars Roennig's Learjet 25 panel, Benoit Plamondon and Mark Cranstons Jetstar sounds, and texture thumbnail. 2D panel only, no VC.

​I haven't checked further but it sounds like you may need the original. A quick check showed no Readme and the references to AI concern me. Usually AI made usable for controlled flight are unsatisfactory. I'll check later if you want to pursue this.

Jim F.

Jim, it's in our file library. I corrected the zip file name in my last post.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

There is a file on simviation that is called learjet_24.zip and that is a complete plane.

Edit: Nevermind - that's the same file as the one on flightsim.com, it's an AI plane, with an added panel.

Seems everything is there, gauges are where they need o be.

Folder in /Airplanes needs to be: learjet_24

with in that:

aircraft.cfg file,

/panel folder,

etc.

No vc. panel only. plane intended for AI use. No alias.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

panel showed first time:

one gauge perhaps missing. notice gap showing runway line.

may be gauge in [window00] that references only gauge (cessna182 or something) and not also container gauge is in.

line is:

gauge09=cessna_182.timer, 84,622,50,50

and should probably be:

gauge09=cessna_182!timer, 84,622,50,50

(! instead of .)

Thing is, gauge cessna182 is not included. It's a default fs9 gauge, that can't be shared.

You'll have to find something to replace this line with to put another (fsx) gauge in that spot.

(or, if you have fs9, copy gauge cessna182.dll from fs9 to the fsx/gauges folder.)

panel learjet_24.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

was not what did it.

there is a closely named gauge in the gauges folder of fsx (default file).

that is cessna_182s.dll

I changed the line to:

gauge09=cessna_182s!timer, 84,622,50,50

Not sure if it made any difference.

But as I retested the plane, I noticed that there was some words in the empty spot. it says "weather radar"

I clicked on it, and i changed to a weater radar. So that gauge was fine all along. Not sure it actually sees the real weather, but it looks nice.

panel learjet_24 radar.JPG

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You will also want to make the GPS a bit bigger.

for example

width 400

height 360

To do that, change the [Window01] section so it reads:

[Window01]
Background_color=16,16,16 
size_mm=400,360    //150,250
position=8
visible=0
ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500,  0,0,400,360            //150,250

---------------

I didn't say it earlier, as this is an addon aircraft, and you can easily download a file again.

But it's always a good idea to make a backup of the original panel.cfg file before you start editing it.

I always name those: panel -0- orig copy.cfg

using numbering always helps, plus a description.

so the next backup may be

panel -1- after resizing GPS.cfg

that way they are also listed by number, so if you need to look at an old backup you can find the one you need in the folder easily.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That line I had mentioned earlier, in [Window00]

I said to maybe change it to:

(notice the s in there)

I think the line should be:

but as that gauge is not in fsx I tried 182s

That does not work. I did a test putting it on a separate panel. With that line as:

nothing showed up at all.

It may work with:

but then you would need gauge

cessna_182.dll

and that is only distributed as part of FS2004.

if you don't have that gauge, I suggest disabling that line altogther. Change it to a "comment" by putting // (two slashes) in front of the line.

//gauge09=cessna_182!timer, 84,622,50,50

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived