P3D or FSX

mindframe85

I'm sure a lot of people ask this, l but I have FSX SE and was curious about P3D. It's pretty pricey and not sure which one most people use or buy. I know it's not meant to be played for "entertainment", so am I not allowed to purchase it? Also what's better performance and quality wise? I'm running a GTX GeForce 1070 Intel Core i7 6800K CPU @ 3.4 ghz 250 SSD and 16 g RAM. Running GSX, FTX Global Base, Aerosoft Airbus X, and MyTraffic. I notice too that auto gen seems to load scenery like trees, houses, etc a bit laggy or slow. Is it better to make the switch and will I get better performance running P3D. I really want to try it out. Let me know. Thanks.

Till now I had FSX with lots of addons (REX,ASA Next,ORBX, UT2, Fly Tampa, PMDG,FSLabs,...). Complex sceneries like EGLL,EDDF, and also KJFK, got me often OOM Errors, so I had to reduce my settings.

December I switched to P3D with all addons I had in FSX integrated with estonian migration tool. No more OOMs better performance ,stable frame rates, even with higher settings. Now I am on fine tuning to make the best for me and my outdated rig ( I7 860 2,8 ghz, 850 and 840 Samsung SSD, 16 Gb RAM, nvidia GTX960, win 10 x64 prof). So would never turn back to FSX

I would never return to FSX, having only used P3D for some years now

You can download P3D, try it and if you find you are not impressed (doubtful) you can get your money back within a certain time limit.

That is a great feature of P3D ( I presume that is still the case, it is some time since I checked)

I would never return to FSX, having only used P3D for some years now

You can download P3D, try it and if you find you are not impressed (doubtful) you can get your money back within a certain time limit.

That is a great feature of P3D ( I presume that is still the case, it is some time since I checked)

...providing you meet the terms of the EULA. Really, that's where to start as we cannot discuss that here.

But expecting P3D to solve problems with FSX?

NOT a good expectation.

with a whole new version around the corner, you should wait.

• 4 weeks later...
P3D is much better than FSX in my opinion, but am not spending money on any more add-on's. Most of my time now is spent flying in X-Plane!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Archived