MS Flight Sim 2004 load procedures

Rooster403

Friends,

I am a new attendee to this sight as I endeavor to load my MS Flightsim 2004 into my Dell XPS8700 PC. I have loaded this onto my PC as per program instructions but keep getting error messages concerning the log in as administrator, etc. I have also downloaded the patch which is supposed to eliminate this issue but to no avail. So I am about to remove this software and patch from my PC in favor of instructions from someone who knows the proper approach and steps for reloading this software into my PC. I also with to download a Luscombe 8 series airplane from a site somewhere to use on my MS2004. I hope someone is able to help me with this process. Thanks in advance. Cheers. Rooster

Well, you got a marginal PC (going by reviews). 400 Watt PS. GPU has DDR3. Keyboard functions are erratic (volume keys, etc). If you just bought it I myself would return it. Tech supplort will refer you back to whom you purchased it from if you have any mechanical problem(s). Win 7 Pro is pre-installed and you can't back up system. They want $200 for Win 7 on CD. The optical ('CD') drive has been know to start making noise on spin and even explode. Either way Dell will NOT replace it. It also has reputation of shutting down for no reason. Loading time is 2 minutes (boot time). No SSD tray. Had enough? Sorry but that's the cruel facts.

Win 7 will not let FS2004 run, even if you have the CD in tray. You need to get the 'No CD Patch' (Google it) for FS9 to work on a Win 7 PC. And you back up the original fs9.exe by renaming it (fs9.exe.bck) and extract exe from patch to 'C:\Users\YourName\App Data\Roaming\Microsoft\FS9' and let it overwrite.

And THEN, with Win 7, you CAN'T install to 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\FS2004'. As Win 7 permissions will cause you problems. Install to 'C:\FS2004' and things should go smoother (after you install new fs9.exe from patch). FS9 should do 'ok'. But maybe FSX Accel or FSX Steam won't (due to video card). Good luck.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived