Lancair Legacy V 2

Habu1967

I have tried googling this but no luck.

I would like to purchase and download a Realair Lancair Legacy Version 2 but all I have found was the boxed version.

Can anyone suggest a store that has the download version

Merry Christmas to all

Thanks,

Les

All I found was the boxed also and it does not say version 2...

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=F1E-RAL-001

You probably can contact Rob or Sean at RealAir through the support page and ask them where you can get one.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Thanks for the link but I was already aware of their closing. I was hoping some of their aircraft would still be available through resellers.

Les

No, unfortunately not. They only sold their new models/updates through their own shop. The boxes are relics from the old days. Question one might ask is, why are the boxes still sold when distributor knows full well that the dev is no longer around. But that is true for a lot of addons, and downloads as well.

From what I understood, the whole point about the closure was not that they wanted to stop selling products - they wanted to stop to develop and support them.

• 9 months later...

Noticed the website no longer shows the promise of installers that do not require on-line activation.

I have the FS9 and FSX Spitfires and V2 B60 and Turbine Dukes installed.

Has anybody tried activating a RealAir product lately? Just in case a re-install is necessary.

Gigabyte GA-X99 Gaming G1, i7-5960X, Noctua NH-D14, Crucial Ballistix Elite 64Gb, Nvidia GTX Titan X, Creative ZxR, Ableconn PEXM2-130, WD Black SN750 250Gb & 2Tb NVMe/Gold 10Tb HDD, Sony BDU-X10S BD-ROM, PC Power & Cooling 1200w, Cosmos C700M, Noctua iPPC 140mm x6, Logitech M570/K800, WinX64 7 Ultimate/10 Pro

Has anybody tried activating a RealAir product lately? Just in case a re-install is necessary.

I bought the Lancair Legacy (boxed) from Simware Simulations a few weeks ago and it installed into FSX without any problems. Only required product key to be entered, not online activation if I recall.

i5-10600K @ 5.0 GHz, Gigabyte Z490M motherboard, RTX 2080 Super 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Quest 2, Windows 10 64-bit

I bought the Lancair Legacy (boxed) from Simware Simulations a few weeks ago and it installed into FSX without any problems. Only required product key to be entered, not online activation if I recall.

I was thinking of a boxed Legacy also, however the system requirements say this...

MICROSOFT FLIGHT SIMULATOR X

Windows - Windows 7, Vista or XP

Internet Connection for Online Activation Required

Processor - 2.8 GHz

Memory - 2 Gb RAM

Hard Drive - 500 Mb

Video Card - 256 Mb

If only needed product key that would be OK. Maybe it activated on-line without you knowing it.

Hi dogdish, I disconnected my internet and tried to re-install the Lancair Legacy today and you're quite right. It stopped early in the process and complained about not finding an internet connection. Therefore, despite RealAir now being defunct, it looks like they at least kept the online activation going. But that makes me really worried about them cutting that "service" at some point in the future, rendering all their products useless.

Really wish developers would remove all DRM and online activation requirements when they decide to quit and at least not leave their old customers stranded.

i5-10600K @ 5.0 GHz, Gigabyte Z490M motherboard, RTX 2080 Super 8GB, 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p monitor, CH Products Fighterstick, Pro Throttle and Pro Pedals, Track IR 5, Oculus Quest 2, Windows 10 64-bit

Rob or Sean made a promise to offer off-line installers, but now the website no longer shows the front page with the promise. What's worse is if you try to go to the main realairsimulations.com webpage, sometimes you get redirected to some B.S. website :mad:. You can still go directly to some of the secondary pages.

Wish I knew how to completely backup a install. The obvious folders are easy, it's just all the hidden files and registry entrees that would halt a straight forward copy back.

The only way I can think of doing it would be to clone the disk.

Archived