new music

redbird 1

Anbody know if I can add my own music to Fsx. I tried copying a tune to the fsx music file but it won't play. Since I'm doing a lot of experimenting with the simulator I would like to listen to something of my own choice. Although the file I added is in the music folder it does not show up in the menu.

Thanks for the responce. I don"t want music when I fly I just want it in the menu and setup area. The fsx music files are wav form and my music is mp4. Windows media player used to play wav files but indows 10 does not have the media player. I do believe this is the problem.

Roger that. I use ITUNES which is not wave format. What are my options? Thanks for responding. Windows media player is not available on Windows 10. By the way I used your advice about downloading uiautomationcore.dll. What a difference. No more freeze up's.

Bingo!!! Went into ITUNES converted song to wav form, moved file to fsx/sound/uimusic renamed file to fsx09[name of song] and it works. Also these songs automatically replay so if you want more music you have to check your other sources and select what you want to hear. As soon as you leave the setup menu to fly the music stops.

Archived