Saitek Multi-switch pitch trim knob

GridNorth

That's strange to me. I fly on a regular basis using the Saitek Pitch Trim. In fact I just finished a nice flight with a Corsair, which of course has no AP, so I fiddled with Pitch trim to maintain my desired altitude.

Just wondering, are you expecting an instant trim response as when changing your altitude setting with Auto Pilot?

I have found if I make a trim adjustment using my Saitek and wait for a moment it usually does what I desired. Similar to tilling a boat. If I expect an instant result with a trim change, I always over correct and then I have to go back the other way. So I make a change and allow air currents to effect it for me. :cool:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

No it's essentially unusable, it takes that long to move. I have to turn the wheel through 360 degrees several times for it to make the least amount of difference.

By the way, don't know if you have had a chance to look but I posted the picture of my current cockpit on the other thread as promised.

Alan

No it's essentially unusable, it takes that long to move. I have to turn the wheel through 360 degrees several times for it to make the least amount of difference.

By the way, don't know if you have had a chance to look but I posted the picture of my current cockpit on the other thread as promised.

Alan

Thanks Alan, I'll look.

As to the Pitch trim: I was just flying the WW-II Vought Corsair, with no autopilot. At pretty much any altitude flying with about 30"-40" of power, I could use the Saitek pitch trim knob for a hillbilly altitude hold. A one thumb spin of the knob would cause the plane to either gain or lose altitude. And a partial one thumb change would level it out again. :cool:

As long as I give the pitch trim change a few moments to stabilize at the new setting, I've never had a problem. Nor do I understand others' issues. :confused: It seems very RW like to me.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived