Scenery cfg...

louross

When opening F9, I get the folloowing messages, which I click "accept" (each one): Addon Scenery/jonS1/SCENERY Area.074 and AddonScenery/ColoradoPaqch2/SCENERY Area.050 and Scenery/Aust/SCENERY Area.005 .

How do I eliminate these windows???

Thanks,

lr.

lou"wakemeatthemarker"ross

Uhhh, problem here. 1) I can uncheck the sceneries (Colo Pack and jon) but then I don't have those sceneries. However, it does eliminate the notice. I changeed the name in the file in AddOn Scenery, re-opened FS, then closed it, re-opened, but then the notice appears again. What caqn I do to get the sceneries back?

2) There is no scenery in my FS that says "aust", noir in the AddOnScenery folder. ??? I also did a search for "aust" and came up with no floders.

Any ideas?

lr.

There is no scenery in my FS that says "aust", noir in the AddOnScenery folder. ??? I also did a search for "aust" and came up with no floders. Any ideas?

Scenery/Aust/Scenery is the default folder generating all default airports, shore lines, rivers, roads and railways in Australian area. You should check whether this folder it's complete or not. In scenery.cfg this folder has the title "Australia" and should be positioned as "Area.005".

The Colo Pack is now okay- no notice. I still cannot find an "aust" folder, so I still get that notice. When the "jon" folder is removed or unchecked there is no notice, but when it is re-installed, the notice returns.

lr.

I looked again and there is no aust folder, but there is a folder called AUS- I'll look inside and see if that's the one.

Also, I used the "everything search" and it looks like a really useful propgram, but no aust folder. Other things like austin and etc.

I looked again and there is no aust folder, but there is a folder called AUS- I'll look inside and see if that's the one.

Also, I used the "everything search" and it looks like a really useful propgram, but no aust folder. Other things like austin and etc.

Ok so you have all the folders that ColR1048 posted the picture of but no Aust folder, but a AUS folder instead. Is that correct ?

Have you installed a scenery addon that will have changed the folder structure?

I've installe a lot of sceneries, mostly Europe, but nothingin Australia. However, I did install a few seceneriws in the north central and east U.S. and now the scenery cfg error for the colopadopack does not display anymore!!!

Hi Lou,

The problem(s) you are experiencing could be related to corrupt entries/missing lines in the scenery.cfg file. To check this open the .cfg in notepad and search for the error area. Another option is to use a scenery checking tool to help ID problem areas - there are a number available (both payware and freeware) but one such freeware tool that I use is called Scenery Config Editor (see https://sourceforge.net/projects/fs-sceditor/ to download it and find info on how to use it at http://fs-sceditor.sourceforge.net/) - once installed and run it will identify problem areas. It has a built in text editor that will opens automatically at the error area.

A standard entry should look something like this:

[General]

Title=FS9 World Scenery

Description=FS9 Scenery Data

Clean_on_Exit=TRUE

[Area.001]

Title=Default Terrain

Texture_ID=1

Local=Scenery\World

Layer=1

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.002]

Title=Default Scenery

Local=Scenery\BASE

Layer=2

Active=TRUE

Required=TRUE

[Area.003]

Title=0000 Base

Local=Scenery\0000

Layer=3

Active=TRUE

Required=FALSE

The most common error results from an error in the (or a missing) Local= line entry- this entry tells the sim where the scenery is located.

Using the Area.XXX number mentioned in the error message check the entry to see what it is pointing to. Use the info to check that the location exists. It is also worth noting that the 'named' folder must also include at least one sub-folder called Scenery (i.e AUST\Scenery).

If a Local= entry exist but is incorrect simply amend it, save and test.

If no Local= entry exists add one (for the Australia area it would be Scenery\Aust (or poss Scenery\AUS if that the folder name you have).

For info the Active= entry refers to whether the scenery area is active in the sim (True) or Inactive (False). The Required= entry refers to whether the scenery area is required (True) or not (False) by the sim in order for it to function correctly. Most areas will have the Required= entry set to false but certain ones (like the first two entries in the example) will be set to True as they are required by the sim to display default scenery and textures in the whole sim 'world' and not specific areas.

Regards

Brian

I set a plane at Sydney and the airport was there.

According to this you must have somewhere the files showing up Kingsford Smith Intl. As you're already using Everything search tool you might able to localize the default file "AP988440.BGL" generating ADE of some airports in Sydney area.

Okay- I'll run these checks. I want to thank you all for all the support and time you've spent on this. I appreciate it very much. I haven't responded sooner because I went into the hospital and just got home last night. I'll run these checks in a few days. Again, thanks!!!

lr.

Archived