Edgley Optica repaints

poko

Screenshots of some repaints I did for Craig Richardson's Edgley Optica for FSX, I added panel lines rivets, scoops and vents swapped out pilots and did alternate interiors.

British Antartic Survey:

BAS002.jpg

BAS009.jpg

BAS008.jpg

BAS005.jpg

Royal Canadian Air Force:

RCAF007.jpg

RCAF006.jpg

RCAF003.jpg

RCAF002.jpg

British Army:

British Army010.jpg

British Army009.jpg

British Army008.jpg

British Army007.jpg

(continued in next post)

I take it that's for fsx?

Hi Darren,

Yes, for FSX. I've uploaded them to the file library as being for FSX but didn't think about labeling them as such in here. I've edited the initial post to include that information, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Gary

Vey nicely done Gary! :cool: :cool: :D

:) Thanks Larry!

Indeed a big thank you for the repaints ! Curious how you get the skis to show up? Mike

Thanks Mike! You can get the skis to show up by clicking on the red button atop either pf the joysticks in the cockpit view

Gary

WOW! Bob recently mentioned how strange the F-35 looks. I think this "plane" is much more so! Every shot looking at the cockpit, I assume they still call it that, looks like a larger fishing about to eat a smaller one!:rolleyes:

Thanks so much for the upload and the paint shots! I'll have to check then out! :cool:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

WOW! Bob recently mentioned how strange the F-35 looks. I think this "plane" is much more so!

Actually, I said the F-35 had no style. This bird has style to spare! :D Thanks Gary! Especially for the Canadian livery. I'll be patrolling the

border with it in the coming weeks. Gotta keep an eye on those political refugees. Wouldn't want any undesirables getting in. :rolleyes: — Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

WOW! Bob recently mentioned how strange the F-35 looks. I think this "plane" is much more so! Every shot looking at the cockpit, I assume they still call it that, looks like a larger fishing about to eat a smaller one!:rolleyes:

Thanks so much for the upload and the paint shots! I'll have to check then out! :cool:

:) They call it "The Bug eye" myself I think of it as a "cyclops"

Thanks for the post, didn't know this one. Already instaled and did a flight. Fun! Added popups and changed the viewpoint. Very comfy now.:)

:D If I give you the code for some outside views would you share the code for your pop ups :)? (All the Guid's are already unique so she's good to plop into your Edgley's aircraft.cfg)

[CameraDefinition.0]
Title = "From ten o'clock"
Guid = {9070C202-9149-4b30-B547-42E782646FDF}
Description = as seen looking at aircraft from your 10 o'clock
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.40
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = -6.0, 0.60, 6.0
InitialPbh = 6.0, 0.0, 143.0
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.1]
Title = "From two o'clock"
Guid = {588ED875-12AB-4254-BAD5-1F20C4DB351D}
Description = As seen looking at aircraft from your 2 o'clock
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.40
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 6.0, 0.60, 6.0
InitialPbh = 6.0, 0.0, -143
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.2]
Title = "From three o'clock"
Guid = {6240299B-7608-4d4a-BAEE-9770DB89061A}
Description = As seen looking at the aircraft from your 3 o'clock
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.50
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 15, 0.60, 0.0
InitialPbh = 6.0, 0.0, -95
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.3]
Title = "From nine o'clock"
Guid = {3779E6BC-0A90-43c8-AB25-70BEA374EA53}
Description = As seen looking at the aircraft from your 3 o'clock
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = 0.50
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = -15, 0.60, 0.0
InitialPbh = 6.00, 0.0, 95
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
ClipMode=Minimum

[CameraDefinition.4]
Title = "From six o'clock high"
Guid = {B4A803D1-9D99-4a15-8AC3-46CC899C87BB}
Description = Looking at the aircraft from your 6 o'clock
Origin = Center
SnapPbhAdjust = Swivel
SnapPbhReturn = FALSE
PanPbhAdjust = Swivel
PanPbhReturn = FALSE
Track = None
ShowAxis = FALSE
AllowZoom = TRUE
InitialZoom = .75
ShowWeather = Yes
InitialXyz = 0, 6.0, -20.0
InitialPbh = 15, 0, 0
XyzAdjust = TRUE
Category=Aircraft
MomentumEffect=TRUE
ClipMode=Minimum

Actually, I said the F-35 had no style. This bird has style to spare! :D Thanks Gary! Especially for the Canadian livery. I'll be patrolling the

border in with it in the coming weeks. Gotta keep an eye on those political refugees. Wouldn't want any undesirables getting in. :rolleyes: — Bob

Thanks Bob! If you wait a few weeks you may be able to patrol over a brand new wall built on someone elses dime!

poko, how do you get the ski model... Your paints have add so much depth to this bird.. Thank you

Thanks doublecool! If you click on the red button on top of the joysticks in the VC you'lll be on the slopes in no time.

For me, this "plane" does not look very trustworthy, but it seems it is REALLY able to fly....

Thorsten

Hi Thorsten, for me the Optica is my favorite "JFF" (just for fun) plane in my hanger.

border in with it in the coming weeks. Gotta keep an eye on those political refugees. Wouldn't want any undesirables getting in. :rolleyes: — Bob

Bob, My Bad. When you said the F-35 had no style I assumed you meant it looked weird. As I said, I believe all the stealth machines look weird. Purposeful, effective, and menacing all also apply!

And yes "This bird has style to spare!" I also believe the DS-21 Citroen has style to spare. In both examples using the word style as an adjective can have more than one meaning.;) BTW: I expect to be flying this flying fish myself, as soon as I get the time to get it. It does look like it would be fun!

I'm not telling you where or when I'm crossing the border!! I'm still hoping I won't be tempted to!!!:eek:

Michael

And yes "This bird has style to spare!" I also believe the DS-21 Citroen has style to spare. In both examples using the word style as an adjective can have more than one meaning.;) BTW: I expect to be flying this flying fish myself, as soon as I get the time to get it. It does look like it would be fun!

I'm not telling you where or when I'm crossing the border!! I'm still hoping I won't be tempted to!!!:eek:

Michael

Michael, I can't seem to find a picture of the DS-21 Citroen with the wings unfolded? As for crossing the border, at least it's land locked so you won't have to worry about those dang USCG Opticas (and there seems to be lots of them) intercepting. :D

Michael, I can't seem to find a picture of the DS-21 Citroen with the wings unfolded? As for crossing the border, at least it's land locked so you won't have to worry about those dang USCG Opticas (and there seems to be lots of them) intercepting. :D

Yes, you're correct. The wings don't unfold on the DS-21. But it is really cool that it'll raise a wheel up so you can change a tire (tyre) without using a jack. However, I don't suggest you go anywhere without spare hydraulic fluid!! A leak will disable the entire car, not just the suspension!

As far as border crossing to/from Canada, and I've made many, the worst crossing I've ever made was in September of this year. When I was making the crossing from B.C. to the state of Washington.

It was about 08:00 of the morning where the Blue Jays were to play Mariners in a noon playoff game in Seattle. I saw Blue Jays flags and/or stickers on almost every other southbound vehicle!

It took over a hour to cross the border coming south. And by the time I turned my rental car in, I almost missed my flight out of Bellingham! (However that's not saying that checkpoint is where I will cross if I end up as a refugee!!):eek:

Well, all I added were some default panels, and the Radar gauge.

And a few aircraft.cfg changes.

Not tested thoroughly. Some gauges need to be added, and I hope I lised hem all,

this is what I did:

Edits in the aircraft.cfg file, the eyepoint= (to give more view out side windows) and the contact points (reason: aircraft hovered). Plus I added your texture BAF.

To get the same:

Make a backup of the aircraft.cfg file.

New eyepoint:

eyepoint=4.49, -1.59, 1.23

New Contact Points:

point.0 = 1, 7.8939,   0,    -3.9463, 1181,  0,  0.6,     30,    0.15,    2.5,    0.6,    3.5,  3.5,   0,   165,    165
point.1 = 1, -1.38,    5.7,     -3.76,    1575,  2,  0.7,       0,    0.468, 1.932, 0.65,   5.2,  5.2,   3,    165,   165
point.2 = 1, -1.38,    -5.7,    -3.76,    1575,  1,  0.7,      0,    0.468, 1.932, 0.65,   5.2,  5.2,    2,    165,   165
gear_system_type=0

Changes I made to the panel.cfg file:

(I noticed [Window Titles] was missing. And no popups appeared.)

Edits made:

-Made a backup of the original file.

-Disabled the orginal [Window00]

-Left the [VCockpit] section in.

-Instead of the original [Window01] put in:

-0-Beech 58 Main panel,

-1-Beech 58 Radio panel,

-2-Large GPS panel,

-3-Beech 58 Throttle panel,

-4-747-400 Clock

-5-747-400 Overhead panel

-6-

-7-Radar Screen

-8-Radar Controls

For this, some files have to be added to the panel folder.

747_Upper_Background_1024.bmp

Baron_background_1024.bmp

Beech_Baron_Panel_Decals.bmp

Boeing747-400.CAB

These are default files you can find in the panel folders of the: 747-400 /and/ Beech Baron 58

Another file is needed. The gauge file:

Radar.cab

To get this file, download from Flightsim.com the file: gauge.zip

Then unzip that, and place the file radar.cab that you find inside, into you ..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges

After copying the files to the panel folder and gauges folder, make backup of file 'panel.cfg'

I named the backup file: "panel -0- orig copy.cfg"

In file 'panel.cfg'.....

Deleted:

Window01=GPS

[Window01]
size_mm=456,378
window_size=0.5
position=2
BACKGROUND_COLOR=0,0,0
VISIBLE=0
ident=GPS_PANEL

gauge00=fs9gps!gps_500,            0,0

//-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Replaced by:

[Window Titles]
Window00=Main Panel
window01=Radio Stack
Window02=GPS
window03=Throttle Quadrant
window04=Overhead Panel
window05=Clock

Window07=RADAR Screen
Window08=RADAR Options

//-----------------------------------

And then below that the panel sections of the relevant planes. You may have to renumber some of those. Make sure the [WindowXX] numbers match the list at the top.

I won't post those here as you all have them.

Below that comes:

[VCockpit01]

(not changed)

I only added two of the Radar panels (the Radar gauge comes with three).

I added those as:

[Window07]

and [Window08]

(They have those numbers in several of my panels, so the "Screen" panel always is at the ready under the same shortcut key on my Joystick. That's why they were added as 07 and 08, which meant I skipped the [Window06] entry for now).

Hope that helps. It's very rough and ready. For example, Beech58 panel is much more elaborate then the Edgley VC. The throttle popup has two engines of which one works because the Edgley is single engine. The 747-400 overhead is overkill, 4 engines, but does add a Engine Anti Ice switch.

Maybe a Cessna panel would be better, one engine, but I don't like staring at that one personally.

I said to place some files in the panel folder of the Edgley.

The .bmp files need to definitely need to be in the panel folder, but the .dll files and .cab files I listed can be either in the panel folder, or in the \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges foder instead.

If you place them in the \Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Gauges they can be accessed by any plane. If you do that, all that's needed to make the gauge show in another plane is to add the correct line in that plane's panel.cfg file. Without need to copy the gauge file again.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, all I added were some default panels, and the Radar gauge...

Oh wow! Looks sweet! I was going to spend tomorrow morning flying out of McMurdo Station but now I see that I have been fooling myself. I need to go out to my hanger and tinker with a few more files! Looking forward to "checking this out". I can't thank you enough for sharing this, I'm a "devil may care" type so I usually have just as much fun frustrating the daylights out of myself with the file tinkering as I do with actually flying in FSX. Well I'm going to start right now and if I *mess* it up completely I'll ask your advice in the morning :D At this point though I feel like I should reinforce what you have stated. For all who attempt this, "Make a backup of the aircraft.cfg file"!!!!!!!! and for the changes to the panel.cfg as you stated Made a backup of the original file.

Again, thanks so much for sharing this.

Sorry to hijack the post Gary, but since the DS-21 Citroen came up... I just have to say: when I was 7 and still living in Italy, I thought that car was the coolest thing ever! And you know, 50 years later... it's still pretty cool. — Bob

Now back to your regularly scheduled post.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Hi Poko,

as long as you understand that the sections for This panel need to come from the panel.cfg files of the default Beech Baron and default B747-400 you should be fine.

[Window00] = [Window00] section of Beech58 (main panel)

[Window01] = [Window01] section of Beech58 (radio)

[Window02] is [WIndow02] from the B747-400 panel.cfg file. (GPS)

[Window03] section is [Window03] from Beech58 (throttle)

[Window04] is [Window05] from B747-400 (clock)

[Window05] is [Window04]from B747-400 (overhead panel)

(no [Window06])

[Window07] is [Window06] from Radar (Radar Screen)

[Window08] is [Window07] from Radar (Radar Controls)

Enjoy!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry to hijack the post Gary, but since the DS-21 Citroen came up... I just have to say: when I was 7 and still living in Italy, I thought that car was the coolest thing ever! And you know, 50 years later... it's still pretty cool. — Bob

:D I like it!

Hi Poko,

as long as you understand that the sections for This panel need to come from the panel.cfg files of the default Beech Baron and default B747-400 you should be fine.

Enjoy!

:D I like it! Went smoothly, the only thing I did different was I copied the panel folder and renamed it "panel.il88pp" made all the changes to that panel.cfg and copied all the necessary files to that folder, and as you undoubtedly already know I then could just reference it in the aircraft.cfg by changing "panel=" to "panel=il88pp" in each [fltsim.xx] block that I wanted to apply the new configuration to.

I can't thank you enough!

Hey Bob,

I like the DS as well. When I was in high school I dated a girl who drove one to class every day. I didn't much like her, but she let me drive her car whenever we went anywhere.

Nothing cooler than to pull into the local Drive In restaurant and raise and lower the suspension as you're driving around. Except maybe to leave it set on high and watch it settle after you got out, then rock back forth as it rose after you started the engine. Stopping going up hill and having the rear end rise to level the car out at the light was pretty cool too!

That may all sound nerdy. IT IS NERDY! But when you're 16 before the "sexual revolution" and "Pokeman," there were other things to experiment with as well.

Yes Gary, we're still jumping all over your post! :o:o

Archived