50 Best Video Games of All Time

DominicS

I'm surprised that more SEAL/Delta/Anti-Insurgency wannabe Simulators didn't make the list!

Pleasantly surprised FSX finished so high on the List!

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

My favorite "video game" is Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy. (It's in a similar format to Zork, it's verbal not visual, but it has a great sense of humor!)

As to FSX, what they say about it is still true. And we're still finding and exploring new ways to enjoy it! Enough so that I can easily forget it is a video game. To my mind it's not in the same category as those shoot em up bang bang games at all. It's a "simulator."

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

To my mind it's not in the same category as those shoot em up bang bang games at all. It's a "simulator."

Most people would see our little make-believe airplanes flying on our screens and identify it as a game, with no apologies to the rivet-counters and "don't you dare call it a game" zealots.

Great that FSX ranked as high as it did. Well deserved!

I wondered if 'FREECELL' made the list. It didn't. Your browser may (Comodo Dragon does) allow you to download a video (*.mp4, 7.5 Mb) of the game list. In FSX you can climb in a vehicle and drive to the street where you live (if paired with Google Map) and it can be foggy, raining, snowing, or blowing 40 mph winds.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

Archived