Open Sky B747-100,400 power

liner simpilot

I apologize for asking here, a lot of times I have issues with Open Sky B-747-100,400 when climbing to my cruising altitude of 34000ft. Before I reach my first step & before ATC has me climb to my next altitude for example first is 13000ft it's fine, I increase my mach, next ATC calls out climb to 24000ft just as I am approaching that altitude ATC calls out 33000ft as I am climbing to 33000ft my airspeed starts to decline until it stalls. I do notice when looking at my throttle panel, it is at full throttle without moving, so I can have throttle to my next increase mach. Is there away to fix this issue within the cfg or ? As I like flying on occasion early B747-100. Thanks for your help, I appreciate if any simmers out there can please help me out on this. Kenny

Don't know if this will help at all, Kenny, but here goes. Make sure you have your Pitot Tube heat on, whether you have a switch for it or have to use a keyboard command. Next you should not be using MACH speed at the lower altitudes. Most folks will say to transition from KIAS to MACH as you approach your cruise altitude. I usually transition around 26-28 thousand feet.

Hope this will help you out!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

You are probably climbing too high, too fast, or a combination of the two.

A fully loaded B74 may have to stop at FL320 and burn some fuel before it can climb any higher.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Thanks mrzippy & mrbean, for your expertise. I have the Pitot tube on, I also heard many years ago when I started flying liners, someone had recommended going into the fuel, change from 100% to 50% and check off unlimited fuel. I realize this isn't real but it lightens up the weight. Each liner I fly for the first time, I google that liner to find out what the vs is and this is what I came up with: B-747-400

Above 10,000 ft to Cruise Flight Level FL

2200fpm from 10,000 - 20,000ft @ 280 - 340kts

2000 - 1500fpm from 20,000 - 26,000ft

1500 - 400fpm from 26,000 - 35,000 ft depending on weight

I average 1800fpm until I get to cruising altitude. If I click in 800fpm-1400fpm, it usually tells me to to climb. I guess I will try your recommendation & continue to experiment. Thanks again as usual for your help. Kenny

Archived