Section Eight F86 Guns

usb777

Anyone using the Section Eight F86 in FSX get the guns to work? I have their F86 in FS9 and the guns work fine but can't get them to fire in FSX.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

No it does't. They have the guns install (just an effect) and it works in FS9 but for some reason I can't get it in FSX. I am sure you could add the TacPac I also have Capt Sim Weapons and they work in anything. Back to the Section Eight Great aircraft for free! I have all the liveries. You know I have an F8 Crusader the french designer can't recall but it has working guns and missiles and for FS9 ported over to FSX but that one can't get the sound to work. Let me know if you have more success on the heir gun effects.. You can down load everything from the Section Eight website. I don't have the link but Google gets you right there

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Checking my Section Eight F-86 in the aircraft.cfg under [lights], light 11 is using an effect called fx_SF86_FirePower3 for gun flashes. There is only 1 line and the positioning is nowhere near where the gun ports are. Turning on the lights yields no gun flashes.

Maybe I'll install a water pistol on the nose.

Post your FS9 [lights] section from your aircraft.cfg and I'll compare to my FSX version.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Yes! I saw that as well. Just wondering when we ported over from FS9 a sound gauge is different. I went to the Section Eight forum as well but didn't find anything useful.

Mike G.

A small change to light.11 to have it be a strobe light so it can be fired using the o (oh) key and a minor change to the position.

light.11=2, 0.00, 0.00, -0.10, fx_SF86_Firepower3 // JR gun flashes

Bang Bang.JPG

That is something I was going to look into as well. In the FS9 model the guns fired using the ( .) key. Haven't figuered that one out yet. Does it activate the sound as well that way?

Mike G.

That is something I was going to look into as well. In the FS9 model the guns fired using the ( .) key. Haven't figuered that one out yet. Does it activate the sound as well that way?

Did not notice any sound. will look into it further.

Now this brings up an interesting question. How are the gun sounds mapped like in FSP there are effects that bring gun sound using the ( I ) or smoke key to activate the effect

Mike G.

Now this brings up an interesting question. How are the gun sounds mapped like in FSP there are effects that bring gun sound using the ( I ) or smoke key to activate the effect

After much hair pulling and teeth gnashing, I finally incorporated this download to function with the Section Eight F-86. Got guns blazin' and actually cannon fire sounds!

https://flyawaysimulation.com/downloads/files/9460/fsx-spiteful-guns-firing-effect/

I am downloading it now thanks! II am still wonering what was lost in the translation from porting it over from FS9

Mike G.

I must be missing something, I added the new effects and changed the effects name in the light section. Do I need to add something to the panel?

Mike G.

Unbelievable! For a minute or two I got the guns to work the original in the light section using the period key. Then it quit. The only thing I did was copy the gun wave file in the F86 sound folder in the main sound folder out into the main sound folder, not sure if that had anything to do with it.

Mike G.

I must be missing something, I added the new effects and changed the effects name in the light section. Do I need to add something to the panel?

A couple of lines needed to be added as gauges to both [window.00]and also [vcockpit,01]

to [vcockpit.01] add

Propfighters!Wing_guns, 60,1,20,19

propfighters!WEP!XML_WEP, 379,431,28,63

to [window.00] add

propfighters!WEP!XML_WEP, 379,431,28,63

to the [lights] section of the aircraft.cfg I have it like this to add the new effect and also keep the old effect of the gunport flashes.

light.11=2, 0.00, 0.00, -0.10, fx_Wing_Guns.fx,

light.12=2, 0.00, 0.00, -0.10, fx_SF86_Firepower3, //JR gun flashes

light.13=7, -15.0, -18.40, -1.00, fx_SF86_Wingtip8 // JR wing vortices

light.14=7, -15.0, 18.40, -1.00, fx_SF86_Wingtip8 // JR wing vortices

light.15=10, -4.00, -4.70, 0.70, fx_SF86_Wingcloud_2port // JR wing clouds

light.16=10, -4.00, 4.70, 0.70, fx_SF86_Wingcloud_2star // JR wing clouds

light.17= 4, 1.92, -0.07, 1.48, fx_vclight

light.18= 4, 1.0, 0.5, 1.6, fx_vclight

Cool! Thank you.

Mike G.

Archived