skip a leg or a waypoint from the flight plan

Johnixan

I operate FSX and try to learn the "how to do it" on the GPS500. I have learned a lot until now but I am missing a crucial point.

Lets say I load a flight plan in the GPS500 of my learjet. It says that I will go from waypoint A to B to C to D and finally land. If I activate this plan, the first point that my aircraft will go in order to start executing the plan, will be A. But if I want to skip this and start the plan from point B what do I do?

Thank you all.

If you create a DTO it supresses and replaces the Flight Plan with the DTO , so when you reach "B" you cannot continue C - D -E - etc .

There is an Variable "Cancel DTO" that cancels the DTO and re instates the original Flight Plan , however I'm not aware if that capability exists in the GPS 500 .

In my panel I have the Cancel DTO capability , also I have a small instrument that enables any Flight Plan Index to be entered and activated , the autopilot will then track to the currently set Index (waypoint).

Flight plan index's are in the following order 0 - 1 - 2 - 3 - etc , which is the same as your order A - B - C - D - etc .

A possible method to achieve your effect might be to change from "NAV Hold" to "Heading Hold" then adjust the "Heading Bug" to fly to "B" , then when you arrive at "B" change back to "NAV Hold" .

The GPS 500 has the flight plan lines shown , so that will help with setting Heading bug to Waypoint "B" .

Cheers

Karol

This is covered in the Learning Center, which should always be your first stop for info.

Basically, you...

1-push the FPL button

2-push the CRSR button

3-move the cursor down to the waypoint you want to fly to next

4-push the MENU button

You will be asked if you want to make that leg active.

When you get to that waypoint the balance of your flightplan will still be intact and active.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived