Default GPS-500 ISNA Does Not Appear

flyer8

Got a question about KSNA and specifically, the ILS for ISNA does not appear in the GPS-500 frequency list. However, the GPS-500 does have a listing for the KSNA 19R IOJW LOC/DME 19R frequency which is 108.30. The ISNA frequency is 111.75 and have had it memorized for years and years.

The afcad I'm currently using is from the MK Studios version of KSNA and both frequencies do appear in it, as well as, the default airport. Is there a way to actually fix this non-show stopper?

Please advise and Thanks!

Mark

If I remember correctly the default John Wayne has some unique coding in it that allows two ILS (even though the the LDA is "technically" not an ILS) for one runway.

If you will note Zippy's screenshot shows the LDA as MIA. (Is that FSX? Zippster, did you get 9?)

By file name it appears that the MK file was made with Afcad2 which does not have the ability to include that unique coding.

Airport Design Editor, which is much newer, does not have that ability either, as far as I know.

What ADE can do is tell FS9 to use the default frequencies. I think you will need a Pro Key to do this. A Pro Key will set you back $10, I think, or you can use it on a 15 day free trial.

Note that I have not tested this.

For the definitive answer you might want to contact Jim Vile at http://www.fsdeveloper.com , he will know for sure.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

This is what my GPS-500 shows while sitting on the deck at KSNA. I am using an updated scenery for John Wayne Airport. ILS 20R ISNA

[ATTACH=CONFIG]193074[/ATTACH]

Thanks Zippy! You know, I had a look at SkyVector and noticed that the runways have been updated to 20 and 02. Feels like FS9 is being left in the dust a bit. That is, if it's not some sort of a mag-dec update you've got going there.

But if it is FSX that's running in your screen shot, it's nice to know that an updated sim is available when many of the FS9 airports begin to fall into the "Classics" category.

Big Smiles and Thanks!

Mark

If I remember correctly the default John Wayne has some unique coding in it that allows two ILS (even though the the LDA is "technically" not an ILS) for one runway.

If you will note Zippy's screenshot shows the LDA as MIA. (Is that FSX? Zippster, did you get 9?)

By file name it appears that the MK file was made with Afcad2 which does not have the ability to include that unique coding.

Airport Design Editor, which is much newer, does not have that ability either, as far as I know.

What ADE can do is tell FS9 to use the default frequencies. I think you will need a Pro Key to do this. A Pro Key will set you back $10, I think, or you can use it on a 15 day free trial.

Note that I have not tested this.

For the definitive answer you might want to contact Jim Vile at http://www.fsdeveloper.com , he will know for sure.

peace,

the Bean

Fair enough as I remember there was some issues with KSNA from the get go. AI Elevation, closing the 19L runway so large jets would not use it. I'll have a look at a Pro Key for ADE.

I probably should have got one a long time ago, I just get so busy sometimes.

Thanks Bean!

Mark

Archived