Has NGIS folded?

stinger2k2

The last update said that they were going into total secrecy.

Sort of like they are all sitting around under the "cone of silence"? Last I heard about them, they said "maybe in the next 5 years or so".

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

I know Stephen Borick does not like us 'members of the public' to speculate about NGIS, but here goes. I suspect NGIS is indeed working behind the scenes, but who knows what sort of progress they are making on the mother of all projects _ 'a next generation flight simulator to beat everything else currently on the market, including X_plane, P3D and Aerofly FS etc'. Mind you, in Stephens own words: the NGIS sim wont cover the whole world, at least not until later versions apparently, and it may take a long while until the sim is actually released apparently, so we are told we need to be patient.

NGIS said

".... please try not to forget this going forward... TEAM NGiS is made up of all volunteer members who have real lives and real jobs. At the moment we don't have the luxury of putting 40 hours each into the project on a weekly basis, so don't expect leaps and bounds of progress as it's just not going to happen as quickly as you may want it to. But I can guarantee that it will progress and will be released on as much of a timely basis as we're capable of.

I truly don't expect the community to get behind NGiS/DVC until we have something substantial to show in the form of a SHOWCASE DEMO, which may not be for another 6 months to a year. However, when we do finally show what we've been creating, it will be a "I want it Now!" moment for enthusiasts of the flight simulation genre. That is a day that we're all looking forward to... Creators and End Users alike.

What I'm saying here is that patience will be rewarded... in a way that I fully expect will be worthy of the name Next Generation!

- Stephen Borick"

http://forum.nexgenflightsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&p=641#p641

-----

I just think it would be good if NGIS could at least kept their forum up to date and actually respond (at least politely) to requests from the very few members who do bother to post over there--

http://forum.nexgenflightsim.com/index.php

Anyway, I'm pretty sure if any flight_sim deserves to be called 'next-gen' its Aerofly, even if its still in early release__

ss_a7638daab15d6da1056f5cbb2fa597f8f81b24d5.1920x1080.jpg

Anyway, I'm pretty sure if any flight_sim deserves to be called 'next-gen' its Aerofly, even if its still in early release

You could always ask for a separate Aerofly forum :D

Anyway, the thing that puts me off somewhat is no animated traffic. Too bad.

I know Stephen Borick does not like us 'members of the public' to speculate about NGIS....

I wonder why.

In my opinion nothing is above speculation, debate, critique.

... the mother of all projects _ ...

Lol, remember "the mother of all battles".

'a next generation flight simulator to beat everything else.... and it may take a long while until the sim is actually released ...

Overall I'm reminded of "Battlecruiser 3000".

And with such a nebulous timeline it is quite possible by the time of release there will be numerous contenders for the hyped "beat everything else" title.

(Of course he did say "beat everything else currently on the market" .... does that mean FSX, XPlane, etc.? or is the project presumptuous enough to make that claim against whatever else may be on the market at whatever point this project actually reaches fruition?)

With all due respect to the project, all I read is hype, with no substance. "We are going to do this", "we are going to do that", but not a single "we have done this".

Well, they have their own forum at flightsim.com. Maybe they"ll respond here?

Ha ha, yes, well maybe :rolleyes:

Lol, remember "the mother of all battles".

DO I REMEMBER IT? Man what a debate! I remember RatRace adding gasoline to the furnace for days but then stamping desperately on the flames when the fire got out of hand ;-)

(In fact the heat generated by that debate was so intense that apparently the flightsim.com. moderators haven't managed to get into the NGIS forum since because its still red hot. :)

But seriously guys, in answer to the original question: Has NGIS folded?

Well perhaps it has, but not in the way you might think__

New direction for flight simulation

I found the following update on Facebook from "Stephen Borick and The Co-Operative". (Sounds like the name of a jazz group ;-)

26 August

"No, we haven't gone home... in fact we've made tremendous strides since April to include a partnership relationship with a very strong company within the Professional Training and Simulation Industry as well as organized The Co-Operative with 7 Teams who have also been in the professional side of simulation for over 15 years. With this gathering of skills and tools out of the way we're now putting into place the "who does what" phase that accompanies any project and will begin development of a ShowCase Demo very shortly... which we hope to be showing at ITEC in April. Once we're in that position we'll be able to divulge more and more details of who we're actually working with and how we're progressing. At that time we'll start including some images of our progress as well. I can tell you this... NGiS and the teams that make up The Co-Operative are very capable of producing The Next Generation Flight Simulator at the level that you'd expect, being that it's next generation. Although we're not posting a great deal... we're busy! If we should decide to forgo this project, we'll be sure to post it here. Meanwhile... keep the faith... we're moving, full steam ahead".

- Stephen Borick

https://www.facebook.com/NextGenerationInteractiveSoftware

-------

Well there you go. At least Stephen appears to have toned down the intense hype of his previous updates. Strange that he included the line, "If we should decide to forgo this project, we'll be sure to post it here".

Remember guys, we mustn't speculate. Stephen will get cross ;-)

Strange that he included the line, "If we should decide to forgo this project, we'll be sure to post it here".

Remember guys, we mustn't speculate. Stephen will get cross ;-)

Sorta sounds like a flip-floppin' Presidential candidate! :rolleyes: Wonder if Stephen has a shaggy comb-over?;)

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Sorta sounds like a flip-floppin' Presidential candidate! :rolleyes: Wonder if Stephen has a shaggy comb-over?;)

There's certainly been a wall of silence erected :eek:)

...the thing that puts me off somewhat is no animated traffic. Too bad.

Apparently animated traffic is on Aerofly's to do list. Meanwhile even the MSFS big boys are enjoying the ultra-smooth ride in AFS2--

-

:)

Some action at least on the NGIS forum if not the actual simulator at the moment

http://forum.nexgenflightsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=150

So, they have moved into the business of baseball caps !

Why not try selling T-shirts ?

http://i3.cpcache.com/product/595265018/funny_airplane_womens_dark_tshirt.jpg?color=CaribbeanBlue&height=460&width=460&qv=90

I wonder how much they are willing to pay me to wear one to advertise their product?

Maybe XPlane and P3D should also get into advertising on baseball caps. :)

I doubt it will go anywhere with NGIS though. It's obviously just a light hearted fun post for entertainment purposes only, and no takers in any case _____

http://forum.nexgenflightsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&p=743#p743

• 2 months later...

Well its been months since we last discussed this topic and I'm becoming more doubtful that we'll ever see a Nexgen flightsim completed. Even the hardcore NGIS fans appear to have mostly given up hope.... http://forum.nexgenflightsim.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=155

I think its quite mean of NGIS not to even reply to their faithful hard-core members, many of whom log in each day to the NGIS site hoping for some news.

Meanwhile the NGIS forum appears not to be accepting new members; and one official comment posted on NGIS's Facebook page some weeks ago said there would be no news updates issued until next year ...so its looking like this project might have been quietly kicked into the long grass. Saying that I half expect a Mr Borat to appear to tell me how very wrong I am ;-)

https://www.facebook.com/NextGenerationInteractiveSoftware/

• 2 weeks later...

BTW. Loving these new aircraft mods in GTA.

Enjoy >>

That vid looks eerily realistic. GTA is top-notch in the eye-candy department. BTW, DCS isn't bad either, if you prefer military planes.

I do wish they would improve on systems functionality however. DCS has the advantage there.

Archived