GTX 750ti video card

svpst

I'm currently driving a Nvidia 550Ti 1 GB video card on a I5-2500 3.2 GHZ Machine with 8 gig of Ram. Will upgrading my Video card to a 750Ti 2g of ram be of any significance to my visuals I fly both little's and bigs.? I'm a retired gent on SS and I'm not going to spend over $400 for a 900+ card.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

svpst,

I have been using flight sims by Microsoft for 20 years. CFS 1, CFS 2, MSF 98 all through to FSX.

I will relate my experience with the GTX 750Ti 2 GB.

I am a retired gent on a fixed income. I run a six year old Dell that has an I 5 650 quad core at 3.2 GHZ. with 8 GB RAM.

I will be as specific as I can.

I used to run an ATI Radeon 4550 (I think) on that machine. Earlier this year I replaced that with an MSI 750 Ti 2GB card.

Besides FSX I also run these programs: Track IR, Thrustmaster MFD profile, Saitek profile for throttle and stick plus 4 Saitek FIP and Saitek Multi pane, radios and switch panel

I fly a mix of simple and complex mainly military planes. (A2A B-17, Iris A-10 Warthog driver, Manfred Jahn/Jan Visser C-47 V.3, etc.) and I am pleased with the increased performance that the 750 Ti has given me.

Specifically: I can (now) run real world weather with HIGH cloud settings (it used to be medium), I was able to increase my scenery complexity/auto gen to dense some times to extremely dense depending on where I fly. I do large to regional sized airports, but stay away from very large airports (KSFO, KORD etc.)

Caveat: I have the "fancy stuff" turned off: Light bloom, aircraft shadows on self, etc.

My Graphics settings (Res 1920x1080x32, LOD radius large,mesh at 100%, Mesh res 1m, Texture res 15cm, Water low 2 advance animations high.

My realism is set at 50%.

I don't have fancy ORBX scenery I have GENX replacement textures.

I have outlined all this because compared to my OLD card I have gotten a gain of about 10 FPS. Now I get about 28-30 most times and smooth in all views.

On the complex planes Like MJ/JV C-47 , textures are slow to reload in the VC after view change but after a couple of seconds OK again.

I don't know how your old card performed. I don't know what your settings are.

My processor is 6 years old and my card is the one you propose to buy, and I have outlined what my computer can do.

ALL systems are different and as they say "Your mileage may vary", but I have been pleased with my increased performance.

Hope this has been of some help to you. Good Luck!

Joe

Very interesting feedback, but all are more grist for the thinking process. I realize everyone's machine is different than everyone else, but even more than that what each simmer sees when he turns on it sim is different. To one frames rates of 30 are great to others they stink. So, like with every thing else, I guess I'll make a plan and see where it takes me. Thanks again guys I appreciate your input.

Brian W.

I5-8400, EVGA GTX 1070.ti, 16 gigs ram, 500g Samsung SSD, 1.5 T HDD, 1 T HDD, Win 10, 64bit.

Howdy, if u can try it b4 u buy it that's what u need to do or lower your expectations. maybe wish really hard and try to trick ur brain into seeing a difference. please, save that cash and go buy an EggMcMuffin with Sausage with the senior discount to get past this fantasy. That's just what i would do.
Intel Core i7 x980 @ 3.33Ghz, Cores: 6, HT: Disabled, ASUS Rampage III Extreme, 24.0 GB Kingston HyperX 1600 PC3 12800 DDR3, EVGA GeForce GTX 690, 4GB GDDR5 SDRAM, LG 4K 52" TV, Antec Kuhler H20 620 Liquid CPU Cooler, Antec Quattro-1200 Power Supply, Win-10 Pro 64-bit. (Built: 01/13/2011)

I recently upgraded from an ASUS EAH4670 1gb ATI card to an ASUS "Strix" 750Ti 2gb Nvidia, and I am very pleased with the results. I still can't fly with all sliders maxed, but there was a noticeable performance improvement, and I was able to keep the GPU Tweak app that comes with the ASUS cards, so I could shut down Windows background processes and eliminate freeze-ups.

Everything I read before purchasing indicated that the 750 Ti is a good match for older processors, and integration was easy because a second power plug is not needed. I would have to agree completely with this assessment. For a 4-year old machine that I've invested a total of $520 into, it does quite well.

HP p7-1020 | AMD Phenom II x4 960T 3.0 Ghz | 8gb RAM | Asus Nvidia GTX 750 Ti 2gb | Windows 7 64 bit

FSX Gold | X-Plane 10.45 | Saitek PZ45 Throttle Quadrant | [Vintage] Microsoft Sidewinder Precision Pro Joystick

Archived