Rebuilding my old FS9 after 8 months

HardCub

:) Hello my dear friends.

It's been waaaaaaay too long since I posted here and visited with y'all. I went back to work earlier this year in March, and I went from 8hrs/week to over 64hrs/week. I now drive over 320 miles each day in a delivery truck. So there is very little time for my passion, which is flight simulator. I miss flying so much!!!!!! My system went down in December 2015, and I have been trying to get it rebuilt ever since. I partly have it back up and running... but definitely not fully yet. And it is behaving strangely too... might be hardware issues or driver issues.

Anyway, here a some pictures of my beloved FS9... using the magnificent FS9 Evolution 2015 package, some REX textures, FSGenesis terrain mesh, Ultimate Terrain USA/Europe, and freeware FSrealWX weather engine. Aircraft are the default Microsoft FS2004 Cessna 172R Skyhawk, the FS2004 Cessna 172N Skyhawk (Carenado) and the older, FS2002 Piper PA128 Archer (also Carenado). It still looks amazing even after all these years!

The first 7 pictures were taken over the Seattle, Washington area at approx. 1900' altitude. The last 3 were taken over the Monroe, NC area near where I live in real life at/near same altitude. :)

I hope you all are doing well (hopefully you still remember me? Hahaha) and I hope you all have enjoyed a wonderful weekend. ~Glenn

tn_fsscr000.jpg

tn_fsscr001.jpg

tn_fsscr003.jpg

tn_fsscr006.jpg

tn_fsscr007.jpg

tn_fsscr008.jpg

tn_fsscr009.jpg

tn_fsscr013.jpg

tn_fsscr014.jpg

tn_fsscr017.jpg

All pictures are unedited... only resized.

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Amazing shots of FS9!

Intel i-9 13900KF @ 6.0 Ghz Cpu, MSI RTX 4090 Suprim Liquid X 24GB Videocard, MSI MAG CORELIQUID C360 Water Cooler, MSI Z790 A-PRO WIFI Motherboard, MSI MPG A1000G 1000W Power Supply, G.SKILL 48Gb Ram @76000 MHz DDR5 Ram, MSI SPATIUM M480 PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 2TB Drive, Windows 11 Pro Ghost Spectre x64

Nice to have you back. Your captures are as entertaining as ever. :pilot:

You be extra careful with all that driving. The roads are nowhere near as safe as the skies

– and a computer crash is infinitely preferable to a real one! :eek: — Bob

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-7700 3.6GHz / GTX1660 6GB / 32GB RAM / 49" Samsung CHG90 / WIN10

Hey, Glenn, welcome back my friend! Your shots are SPECTACULAR!!! With captures of FS2004 like those, all you gotta do is post about once every six months; the only guy who competes with you in FS2004 is mathew. You two are in a world of your own! I love Adam;s posts, they are so crisp and detailed, but the they are all ORBX and FSX, You two are doing it with an antique, and you do it as well as he does!!!

jeh: Thank you so much Paul. Fs9 is still my favorite simulator, even after all these years. It just runs flawlessly.

pugilist2: Thanks Jason!

flyboy208: Thanks a bunch Mike! It's not totally up & running yet, but these were the first pictures after installing the textures. Still have a long way to go, reinstalling AI traffic, personal aircraft models, sceneries, etc. With my current job schedule, it will be awhile for sure.

azzaro: Thanks for the advice Bob! I see wrecks on the US highways every single day - it's crazy out here.

liner simpilot: Thank you for the kind words of welcome Kenny. Nice to meet you sir.

aharon: Thank you my friend. The cloud textures are REX FS2004 HD+OD. The weather software for this post was FSrealWX (freeware).

NMLW: Thank you Larry! I hope you are doing well my friend. I am embarrassed it has taken so long to get back to posting. I miss flying so much!!!

KCD: Thank you very much for the kind words and compliments, Klee. I truly appreciate them my friend. I am always in awe of Mathew's postings - so very beautiful to look at!!! But, using a product like FS9 Evolution and REX makes it easy to produce beautiful views. ;) And yes... I also enjoy seeing Adam's posts of GA planes too.

Garciamk4: Thank you so much Mathew. It feels good to share a few pictures again - it's been waaaaay too long.

JSMR: Hi - these are from the (2015) FS9 Evolution package with the latest updates + REXFS2004/OD+OD textures for water, clouds, sky color, sun halo, taxiway/runway/ramp. Everything else is Sascha66's wonderful textures!!

av8tor98: Thank you Joe for the vote of confidence. I have sorely missed being here.

peer01: Thanks so much my handsome Dutch friend. I am glad to be back Jan.

omega7: Thank you so much Gonzalo! I am trying my best to get my system back to where it was before in terms of quality. It's trial & error and Patience. Hahaha

Sascha66: Hello my friend!!! It's your 2015 version of EVO. I also replaced some of the textures with my favorites from the REXFS2004HD+OD package too (sorry). hehehe (See notes above for the textures used)

adamb: Thank you for the warm welcome Adam. I have missed you guys!

Wolf2: Thanks so much Phil for the compliments. Yes, I am in love with #6 picture as well. ;)

-----~~///~~-----

Seriously guys... IF you are still flying with the beloved FS2004 simulator, you owe it to yourself to get the absolutely amazing FS9 Evolution package from Sascha66. His efforts and talents have totally transformed my FS2004. I have only tweaked it by replacing some of the package textures with my personal choices (higher pixel counts) from the awesome REX payware package. Otherwise, it's FS9 EVO all the way for me!!! It does for your FS2004 simulator what FTX Global does for your FSX simulator. It changes the entire world! Just find some great landclass, add Ultimate Terrain for accurate coastlines, rivers, lakes, road vectors, etc. and you are set as far as the earth is concerned. I typically use either the freeware FSrealWX or HiFi ASE (ActiveSkyEvolution) for my weather software. It all runs liquid smooth. :cool:

Here is an example of what Sascha has achieved with the latest FS9 Evolution updates for FS2004. (I hope it is still okay to link this stuff) Here's the link> https://plus.google.com/u/0/117587056222120146687/posts/BGiNDh1zayU?pid=6319207180414519906&oid=117587056222120146687

Have a wonderful weekend my friends! It's good to be back. ~Glenn

2021 Lenovo Legion 5 Gaming laptop. AMD Ryzen 7 4800H, 32GB DDR4-3200 G.Skill RAM, Nvidia GTX 1660ti 6GB GDDR6, 500GB and 1TB PCIe M.2 SSD, 144MHZ 1920×1080P 300Nits ISP screen,

Windows 10 Home 64-bit OS, (2nd Display) Dell 24" UltraSharp 1920x1200 TTF Monitor, CHProducts FlightYoke & RudderPedals, Logitech 3D Pro Extreme joystick

Archived