fsx professional - a couple of questions.

kfli

I recently bought fsx "professional edition" from ebay. The copy is in German. Does anyone know:

a- If "Professional edition" and "Delux" are one and the same thing?

b- If sps1 and 2 are already part of "Professional"?

I bought the copy because it was cheap, not realising that I couldn't change the language. Not too much of a problem as my wife is German. Searching for fsx Professional hasn't produced a lot of results so far which is why I'm asking if it's the same as Delux.

Hope someone can help.

Look on disc #1 for the SDK, if it is there then Professional is Deluxe.

If it is not there then you have FSX Standard.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

German version....does that mean ATC speaks only German? I guess that would include all of the tutorials, lessons, Missions, and so forth. Keep your wife handy!;)

Just doing some quick Google searches suggest that FSX Deluxe is called "Professional" in some of the European countries.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Thankyou all for your replies. Yes StringBean the SDK is there so it looks like pro and delux are the same, which I confirmed with il88pps link.

I'm not too bothered about the missions etc at the moment. I've been using 2004 and enjoying it for years and I'm happy just flying around. The fsx copy was cheap enough to try on a modest machine. It seems to work more or less ok but I'm looking forward to many happy hours of tweaking.

Thanks for all your help

Yes I was wondering about that myself keefpee. Are you sure it would work. I thought it might create some kind of conflict. Also I believe sp1 should be installed before sp2 - is that right?

My son gave me his CDs for FS9 which are English & I transferred/exchanged the language .dll in my own French version, so it should work for FSX.

Be careful about sp1 & sp2 usage, there is/are good advice on the web especially if loading the SDK. I cannot remember off the top of my head though what one has to do. Lots of advice on this site also, just have to search I'm afraid.

Keith

Archived