What a shame....

JSMR

http://www.avsim.com/topic/490823-avsimru-or-su-is-not-avsim/

A certain person is single handedly destroying what used to be a good place to hang out. That's one of many, many, many instances of the rot that is happening.

Shame.

Might as well have 3 reply templates to choose from. 1. xxxx product is awseome. 2. xxxx product is awseome. 3. xxxx product is awseome. Saves getting topics locked, deleted and banned otherwise.

Please not let this place become as 'politically correct' as the other place. Only a matter of time I guess. Having a different opinion is now offensive....

I have to chip in here.. Yup, very sad. I have been banned a few times there for posting a bit of banter.

At least, here we can agree to differ without fear.

Thanks, mods, for letting us really enjoy our forums.

Robin

Cape Town, South Africa

I'll do a quick chip in...as long as your opinion does not include any rudeness, profanity, or implying the other person is wrong for his opinion, then you should be good to go. I think 2 rules apply here: Here meaning Flightsim.com and I agree that AVSIM is way less lenient on their rules.

Rule #1. Read the Forum rules especially the first part in bold, red color. (remember you agreed to this when you joined)

Rule #2. When in doubt, refer to rule #1.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Well, I myself seem to have been declared PNG from the PMDG forum in Avsim for bringing up EULA legal issues re: Intellectual property and the personal use of same. My reply to a discussion of EULA issues was totally deleted with no explanation (Right Kyle?).

Oh, BTW: I did follow forum rules...

Just use common sense; speak to someone, not at or down to them.

Speak to them as if they were standing in front of you, having a conversation.

Just because you feel the need to vent your frustrations, doesn't necessarily mean that others want to 'listen' to your rant, and especially if it's nothing more than pissing & moaning.

And, no, it's not a case of "I can say anything I want to, whenever I want to"...

the Soapbox doesn't belong to us, it belongs to the Webmaster. Their box, their Rules.

Maybe if we treated each other with more civility, kindness and common Courtesy we'd be in better shape overall, and solve the important issues... like when is someone going to do a new Ryan Navion for FS9, somewhat close to the LDR offering? LOL

OK... the Kumbaya singalong is over; get back to work! :p

Alan :pilot:

"I created the Little Black Book to keep myself from getting killed..." -- Captain Elrey Borge Jeppesen

AMD 1.9GB/8GB RAM/AMD VISION 1GB GPU/500 GB HDD/WIN 7 PRO 64/FS9 CFS CFS2

COSIM banner_AVSIM3.JPG

Just use common sense; speak to someone, not at or down to them.

Speak to them as if they were standing in front of you, having a conversation.

Just because you feel the need to vent your frustrations, doesn't necessarily mean that others want to 'listen' to your rant, and especially if it's nothing more than pissing & moaning.

And, no, it's not a case of "I can say anything I want to, whenever I want to"...

the Soapbox doesn't belong to us, it belongs to the Webmaster. Their box, their Rules.

Maybe if we treated each other with more civility, kindness and common Courtesy we'd be in better shape overall, and solve the important issues... like when is someone going to do a new Ryan Navion for FS9, somewhat close to the LDR offering? LOL

OK... the Kumbaya singalong is over; get back to work! :p

Alan :pilot:

Sounds good in theory, but that post would be reported and you'd have your topic locked, maybe time away and have a comment saying you were 'trolling' and 'harassing' the mods.

And never given a right of reply.

It's become a joke over there now. All based on keeping the commercial side happy, pleasing the 'shareholders', and forcing(dictating?) the 'guests' to say the right words at the right time.

Rules are the rules I guess....

I only use 'them' for downloading files that I can't get anywhere else (ie: Google search link). I gave up trying to 'contribute' anything at any of their forums since 2006. I read them, but I KEEP OUT. It's the blatant censorship that turns ME off. It's all very wrong. But what do I know. Maybe they 'got it right' and it's just a case of our 'pride' getting hurt. Ah? Yep.

Chuck B

Napamule

i7 2600K @ 3.4 Ghz (Turbo-Boost to 3.877 Ghz), Asus P8H67 Pro, Super Talent 8 Gb DDR3/1333 Dual Channel, XFX Radeon R7-360B 2Gb DDR5, Corsair 650 W PSU, Dell 23 in (2048x1152), Windows7 Pro 64 bit, MS Sidewinder Precision 2 Joy, Logitech K-360 wireless KB & Mouse, Targus PAUK10U USB Keypad for Throttle (F1 to F4)/Spoiler/Tailhook/Wing Fold/Pitch Trim/Parking Brake/Snap to 2D Panel/View Change. Installed on 250 Gb (D:). FS9 and FSX Acceleration (locked at 30 FPS).

I recall reading about TV shows in the early years. A character's name would be changed from John Ford to John Smith, because Chevrolet sponsored the show. A scene would have to be reshot because there was a Kenmore refrigerator in the kitchen, and the show was sponsored by Westinghouse.

NASCAR's top series was once Grand National Racing, and the lower level was Late Model Stock. Sponsorship steps in and it becomes Winston Cup and Busch Grand National. They once raced at the Charlotte Motor Speedway, now it's Lowes Speedway.

Cities would have the John Dough Memorial Stadium or Thistown Civic Center. Now it's Pepsi Stadium and McDonald's Civic Center.

Over the years I've owned or partnered four businesses. People wanted to invest in three of them (the other was when I was 16-18, run from a shop behind my parents' house). I declined, across the board, with no discussion; for the reasons displayed above.

Twenty years ago the internet was wide open and fun. Then Madison Avenue discovered it as just another avenue of marketing - the Information Superhighway became the Advertising Superhighway. Websites become dependent on sponsors, and sponsors take advantage of that. Why cannot you discuss "A" on website B? Because Sponsor C pours money into website B and does not like "A".

Just googled Avsim.su. Its all in Russian. I think they are entitled to have a web site. They are also a part of the flight sim community. They could of been a little creative and thought of a different name or contacted AVSIM and ask for permission instead of just using the name. I think we would be a little upset if it was Flightsim.su. Just my thoughts.

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K CPU@4.2GHz

Memory: 16.00GB Ram

Resolution: 3840 x 2160, 30Hz Seiki 39†Monitor

Operating System: Windows 10 Home Edition

A few months ago, I tried to sign up to AVSIM. After registering, I tried to log in and got an error stating my password was incorrect. Reset, still incorrect. Whilst googling for answers I found quite a few sites with stories of bad experiences with AVSIM mods so I gave up.

So instead, you guys have got me here :o

Grim

Just googled Avsim.su. Its all in Russian. I think they are entitled to have a web site. They are also a part of the flight sim community. They could of been a little creative and thought of a different name or contacted AVSIM and ask for permission instead of just using the name. I think we would be a little upset if it was Flightsim.su. Just my thoughts.

It's not so much the point of the Russian site why I started the thread. Just the mods - one especially - and his response to any queries or concerns, suggestions, opinions.

The last post in that thread sums it up. And sums up many more posts like this.

Why start a sticky and leave it open for forum users and possibly differening opinions? So a mod can attack the guy who makes a differing opinion and send him packing as he did. Nice little mouse trap play we call it.

I was going to post more but I really couldn't be bothered. Easier to ignore the place totally now.

Just so that this doesn't get out of hand, I'm going to lock it.

I will, however, reiterate what Mrzippy has said. Read, and then maybe re-read the forum rules, and you will have zero problems here.

Darrell

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Archived