Piglet F-111 Throttle Control

Hello all!

A question, in case anyone likes to fly the Tim "Piglet" Conrad Alphasim F-111 (zipfile piggtb8.zip, in the Library): When I first load it, I can't move the throttle past 90% without the plane going into, and getting stuck in, Afterburner. With either the F-keys or the joystick's slider. I can bring it back out with either F1 or the slider, but not the F2.

Sometimes, however, and I think it relates to my use of the SHFT+F4 key combo to bring it out of AB with the throttle left at 100%, I can use the F keys to then run it up to 99%, or down again, IE: as normal for all the other planes I've had. But it should work all the time, and I can't figger out why.

I suspect the gauges used to control the AB but, I could be wrong. Any ideas will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance :D

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Must be pilot error!;) Give me a few minutes while I chomp on my buffalo chicken sandwich, and I'll give 'er a go!

OK Update: Afterburners work as necessary. They go on and off as per throttle movement. Don't turn on the lights or at least don't use (L) to turn on the lights. There is a funky effect in the [lights] section of the aircraft.cfg.

All sorts of weird stuff in the [lights] section....flares, missiles, mach envelope, etc. That stuff eliminated and the afterburners work great!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Ohhh no! I love this bird, and I figured out the throttle. Gotta have the AP switch on to get full range control of the throttle. Nothing else in the AP, no ALT, or LVL or anything, just have the AP ON. That keeps it from jumping from 90% to full AB, but lets ME (I use F2/F3 keys for throttle control) go up from 0 to anything up to 100%, then one more F3 stroke and it goes into AB, as it should.

Lights don't matter in the least, although hitting the L key during first load-in WILL get you some interesting fireworks in front of you, as the A-G missiles crater the runway...

Thanks for reminding me to let folks know the answer though.

Pat☺

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Had a thought...then there was the smell of something burning, and sparks, and then a big fire, and then the lights went out! I guess I better not do that again!

Sgt, USMC, 10 years proud service, Inactive reserve now :D

Archived