Confusion on Airbus A330 / A340 approach

aerosim31

Hi,

I currently have the Thomas Ruth Airbus A330 / A340 set and having issues with the approach. I cannot seem to capture the GS. On the panel i got two ILS switches? and a APPR button. Are the ILS switches dud? Do they actually work? Very confused on the procedure for the Airbus. PMDG 737NGX and 777 perfect no issues. With this its a whole new ball game. Also the NAV frequency's where are they entered on the Airbus?

Thanks

Are you not catching the Localizer and is the aircraft not turning onto it's final approach to the runway? If you are on approach to the runway but not capturing the glideslope, you may be too high!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

Mrzippy,

I check with the Navigraph charts (current) and make sure i am at the correct height, its the ILS switches that throw me off. Do i need to activate ILS first then APPR? APPR then ILS? Also where are the NAVs set? FMC? I know about LOC frequencies etc, its where to enter them? Height and Speed, perfect, fine no issues, its landing thats ruining it :(

Mrzippy,

I check with the Navigraph charts (current) and make sure i am at the correct height, its the ILS switches that throw me off. Do i need to activate ILS first then APPR? APPR then ILS? Also where are the NAVs set? FMC? I know about LOC frequencies etc, its where to enter them?

I never mess with FMC or other flight computers! ILS freqs are set in the NAV1 radio.

its the ILS switches that throw me off.

What ILS switch? Even FMC's do not have one that I recall.

Assuming you are under MSFSX ATC and Autopilot:

1.- Place NAV/GPS switch to NAV.

2.- Under 10000 feet Max Speed

3.- Wait until ATC give you the big (written instruction) final (NOT clearance to land) heading, altitude and landing strip to catch the LOC and eventually the Glideslope.

4.- Once step 3 is set, press APP, reduce speed and start setting flaps and lights for the landing.

5.- Wait to capture LOC.

Note-1: All during these five steps Glideslope bubble should be at the top of the VOR in the PFD. If at the bottom, your approach is too high and you are trailing behind ATC. Go around and try again.

Note-2: The bigger the plane the faster ahead I reduce speed and drop flaps as per schedule/speed to be within target approach.

Cheers,

ummm, I know the both of them have NAV / GPS modes, but on the centre console i cannot see the NAV radio? only thing i see is 2 sets of VHFs?

Check that there are NAV1, NAV2, and COM2 push-buttons by the displays. That's how you change the freqs for those radios. I do concur that the glideslope is not caught with this setup. The ILS switch turns on the glideslope indicators on the PFD. The LOC button is used to catch the Localizer and the APR button sets the G/S on the PFD display.

I watched the pink diamond lower as I was coming in to land and the altitude hold never turned off. Oh, well, plenty of other fish to fry!

ummm, I know the both of them have NAV / GPS modes, but on the centre console i cannot see the NAV radio? only thing i see is 2 sets of VHFs?

Try Shift+2 to see if the radio panel comes up.

http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/India_120-animated-flag-gifs.gifhttp://status.ivao.aero/414320.png

Archived