Adding more planes...im confused...

ok so my fsx is working and i want to add more planes, today i downloaded the red arrows hawk (at least i think i did!) however upon opening the zip file there is only a texture folder, 2 images and a readme which completely confuses me (even though ive read the tutorial on this site!) its probably super straight forward but im a bit dumb!!! the readme says its requires the hawk from skysim.co.uk - but that doesnt exist anymore...

so am i just dumb? i bet i am

the plane is there, but the red arrows repaint isnt, and the 3d cockpit is just all black?

1. Did you add the repaint 2014ra.zip from our File Library for the Red Arrows paint?

2. Did you add all of the gauges from the Gauges folder to either your Main FSX/gauges folder or to the aircraft panel folder?

3. I'll check to see if I can add the HUD display to the VC.

Hawk 2D cockpit

Hawk 2D cockpit.JPG

Hawk VC minus the HUD

Hawk VC 3D cockpit.JPG

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

..today i downloaded the red arrows hawk (at least i think i did!) however upon opening the zip file there is only a texture folder, 2 images and a readme..

Always use 'Advanced Search' to get the screen below. For example if you want a complete fully-flyable FSX Spitfire and not just textures, make sure the 3 red circled boxes look like this, and just type in the word Spitfire-

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g64/PoorOldSpike/sub2/FSX-files2_zpsqt3fvlvf.jpg~original

Basically what we are saying here is that if you download a repaint and receive just texture files, then you need to have the full original aircraft installed first as it is this that will have the full set of files including the cockpit etc.

Hope I am not teaching you how to suck eggs here. Normally if it's a repaint the readme file should tell you what the original aircraft is that you need to install first.

Good luck

Stinger

Sent from my SM-A300FU using Tapatalk

Archived