FSX Steam and Active Sky

usb777

I made the mistake of purchasing active sky for FSX Steam through steam and didn't read their refund policy. Anyway, the AS really hurt my frame rate and REX actually works better so the next day I asked for a refund and they said I had played the game for over nine hours which is false but they wouldn't refund my $24.99. Well, I had my bank stop the payment, hope I get my money back but buyer beware. I like my FSX Gold better the Steam anyway, I was just curious now I am sorry I even tried it. Steam game site just wants money in my opinion and I for one will never buy from them again. Just my experience. If this post is out of line I am sorry, just want to advise others to read the fine print sort of speak. FSX Steam would be OK if it was boxed and not an online thing kind of like I remember playing ACES HIGH.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

I made the mistake of purchasing active sky for FSX Steam through steam and didn't read their refund policy. Anyway, the AS really hurt my frame rate and REX actually works better so the next day I asked for a refund and they said I had played the game for over nine hours which is false but they wouldn't refund my $24.99. Well, I had my bank stop the payment, hope I get my money back but buyer beware. I like my FSX Gold better the Steam anyway, I was just curious now I am sorry I even tried it. Steam game site just wants money in my opinion and I for one will never buy from them again. Just my experience. If this post is out of line I am sorry, just want to advise others to read the fine print sort of speak. FSX Steam would be OK if it was boxed and not an online thing kind of like I remember playing ACES HIGH.

I neither have Steam nor as long as my FSX Gold discs work don't intend to. Having said that, I seem to recall one (1) hour of use is the maximum you can log with Steam products and then get a refund.

Many have said Steam like Windows 10, exists only as a link for receiving forced advertisements. GOOD LUCK BREAKING THE ADVERTISING CYCLE YOU OPENED!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Yes, but I have locked them out I found out the hard way. It was 2 hours and I missed that before I purchased the game. I am not dead yet, my back place a hold on the payment for the 24.99 AS. I might beat them yet and yes I am checking my registry as well. One more thing. Check your services to they like to keep running in the background.

Mike G.

Intel Core i7-4770K, ASUS MAXIMUS VI HERO Motherboard, , 8GB Memory , EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 6GB Video Card,Corsair Enthusiast 750W 80+ Bronze Certified ATX Power Supply,Windows 7 64bit, Corsair Hydro Series H55 CPU Cooler

Having said that, I seem to recall one (1) hour of use is the maximum you can log with Steam products and then get a refund.

Two hours.

http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/India_120-animated-flag-gifs.gifhttp://status.ivao.aero/414320.png

Yes, and the real kicker was AS isn't even a game and I didn't even use it for two hours just had it on my computer. Those fools at steam must be real paranoid of pirates or greedy one.

Mike G.

Question? Why didn't you try the ASN Demo before purchasing this product? Always look to see if a company has a demo before making a purchase. Not really Steam's fault. They give more of a refund policy then most places. Most places you get NO refund policy.

Number one, they offered no demo, number two, I have FS9, REX for FS9, FSX gold, Rex for fsx gold, Active Sky for FSX Gold. Thousands of aircraft and scenery payware, freeware. I have been flying since 1995. Steam is the worst and the only did I say only site that has ever refused me a refund Ever! Please, so please don't step in and stick up for the people that I feel cheated me.

Mike G.

Yes, there is a demo, right on Active Skys web site. I Have been flying since 1985. Steam is wonderful!! I also have FS9, FSX Disc, FSX:Steam Edition and P3D V3 with REX for all of them. IS ths some kind of contest? It still does not make up for the fact that you NOW blame someone else because you didn't pay attention and now you are going to DIS Steam. I have had steam for years and never once have I ever had a problem with it. I also read the agreement before I buy something. I Understand we now live in world where it is always someone else's fault for our mistakes. Good Luck with Steam, They will probably cancel your account over the bank thing and you will lose anything you have already bought n it. :) Also have a nice day. :)

What, does everybody here have stock with dove? Gees, I only sounded off my disappointment with their return policy, you people are the ones making all the fuss to shoot me down please somebody just close this thread already. I do not blame myself ethier and who in the heck are you to judge! Enough chewing ome my ass!

Mike G.

One last thing to all you self rightest think your perfect attitude. The main reason for my post was to warn others to read the fine print as it were not to make the same mistake as I. So instead of being constructive I guess you get your jollies to jump on the chance to fight and be smart asses Well I am done. Moderators please lock this thread no friends lost here.

Mike G.

No, we are pointing out you are wrong and then you come on the forum to complain about a great service that 95% of people use just fine. I always do loads of research before I buy a product because again, Most web stores will not give refunds on downloaded software. Had you done your research you would have found the demo on the ASN web site. I appreciate any fair warning of a potential rip off. This was not a warning.

The moral of the story? Do your research before buying anything from anyone. Also, as I have the DISK version also of FSX I would NEVER buy my addons from steam as they do not transfer over to the disk version.

Archived