US Cities X - Los Angeles poor performance

aerosim31

Hi,

Has anyone experienced frame rate drops with the above scenery? Last night i was in Van Nuys and its impossible to take off with such bad performance, AI is at 5%. Everywhere else is perfect, apart from a couple of cities, Los Angeles being one, Las Vegas weren't to bad, a little bit better, but not great.

A few weeks ago i did a test run in a 757, average height and got dreaded OOM going towards to KLAX.

Any Suggestions?

Two questions.

How fast is your CPU & RAM?

Where are your Autodensity sliders set?

FTX put out a little guide which might help you. They suggest when over city or urban areas you leave Autogen at Normal with any CPU slower than 4Ghz. At Dense with a i7 @4Ghz CPU and 1GB GPU. And only go to Very Dense if you have a over 4Ghz i7 CPU and a 2GB GPU.

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

I got a I7 4770K, with 12GB ram, GTX 770. Both Dense they are set at.

OK, I just went back and checked the 4770K has a 3.5Ghz. clock. Going back to the suggested settings, any CPU running under 4Ghz. should probably have Autogen density set at NORMAL for City/Urban areas with a lot of detail. The Autogen slider is probably your main issue. And it showed up when you bought the more dense software.

One way you might get some relief is making sure as many other functions are turned off as possible when "flying." Go to your Task Manager and start seeing what you don't need to fly & disable it. Many people have so many things going on they are using as much as 20% or more of their processing power while the computer is "idle!"

Being an old chopper guy I usually fly low and slow.

Archived