Drives

lillyluna23

Hi! Can someone give me some advice please as I'm a bit stuck in what to do.....I currently have fs9 installed on my d-drive and as I've just gone to open fs9,a pop came up saying that my d drive was full. I haven't had my desktop for long and it's quite annoying to think that it's already full.

How can i free up some space? Regards John

With most new computers, the system information/OS, is stored on your D drive, which is a partition of your hard drive. I'm guessing that you've installed things to the D drive by mistake, and should have simply been installed to the C drive.

Just my thought.

Darrell

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

On most "off the shelf" systems the past few years the D drive is a recovery partition containing a compressed copy of the default OS as a backup (not to be confused with system restore points you create). You should not install anything on it even though there is typically 5-6gig empty space there.

it says the size of the drive is 629mb and the only things thats in there is a few folders relating to fs9. to be precise the folders that are in the d drive are : Compact,Complet,Scenery ,Autorun,Setup, and STUB which shows that as the application.

And each folder doesn't seem to have many folders inside the main folders!!!

it says the size of the drive is 629mb and the only things thats in there is a few folders relating to fs9. to be precise the folders that are in the d drive are : Compact,Complet,Scenery ,Autorun,Setup, and STUB which shows that as the application.

Wow 620MB....There are aircraft downloads in the File Library bigger than that!

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

yes I'm sure there is mrzippy.and obviously it's becoming a problem. But what i don't get is why is fs9 saved onto the d drive then having checked all my downloads,add-ons etc it all states that they are in c drive. So how come my d drive is full??

Those files sound like you copied the contents of your FS9 discs as opposed to installing the program.

???

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Has FS9 ever run on this computer?

What you are telling us you have on the D:\ drive are indeed files from the install discs and are not part of a working copy of FS9.

At this point, knowing what little I do about what you actually have on your PC, a proper install sounds like the course of action.

peace,

the Bean

WWOD---What Would Opa Do? Farewell, my freind (sp)

Never argue with idiots.

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience

Archived