Commercial jets installation FSX Gold

edwarosmith

Hi everyone,

I'm running FSX Gold on windows 7; I'm having trouble installing aircraft as I don't understand the install instructions.

I have just downloaded the "tds_boeing_787-9_britishairways_gzbka" but I can't get my head around the installation.

Could anyone please explain these instructions?

1.Prepare a base 787

2.Prepare FSX model and overwrite

3.Copy all the texture of Aerosim's 787 to the texture folder

4.Copy AS_B7878_RR_FSX_interior.MDL to the model folder

5.Add lines to the model.cfg

Should be under

[models]

normal=TDSX788TRENT.MDL

interior=AS_B7878_RR_FSX_interior

installation

6.Copy the sound folder from Aerosim if wants Aerosim's sound.

7.Rename the panel folder

8. Copy the panel folder from Aerosim's 787

9. Copy all the subfolder of the originally included panel folder to the new panel folder.

Thank you.

I just did the download and didn't see those instructions! I will reread the PDF. This isn't any way to treat me after a 2 week layoff!!;)

OK, found them in the Merge Aerosim 787 panel document. Do you have the Aerosm 787?? If not, then these instructions are meaningless.

Still thinking about a new flightsim only computer!  ✈️

The instructions are instructions to add a VC to this aircraft.

The TDS does not come with a VC.

A VC is a Virtual Cockpit". A Cockpit you can smoothly look around in with the arrow keys when you also press and hold the key.

THe default fsx planes all have a VC.

But some addon planes don't have them.

This TDS addon does not have a VC, but you can add the VC from the Aerosim plane to it. Of course only if you have the Aerosim plane already. (It cost money, that planes a payware plane.)

If you don't have it then the instructions are of no use to it. You can still fly the plane using the 2D panel.

To see the 2D panel, press +

(The VC is 3D, 3 dimensional. It is a true 3D model.

A panel is a 2D, 2 dimensional, image. With the dials and buttons showing on it.)

(Welcome back mrzippy! Was just thinking, all's quiet on the western front??:);) )

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi mrzippy,

Sorry to put you back to work with this little problem I have.

You have just solved my problem as I wasn’t aware of the PDF file; I was reading the “text file” in the download folder which holds the install procedure.

What I mostly did not understand was the “make a base model” and then add the other files to it.

Cheers, and thanks for the help.

What I mostly did not understand was the “make a base model” and then add the other files to it.

These instructions are common for any TDS 787 aircraft. Hence, make a base model. What you have downloaded, tds_boeing_787-9_britishairways_gzbka.zip, is your base model. Just paste the aircraft, effects, sounds (if any), folders to their respective positions. Then on, you can follow from step 3.

http://www.crossed-flag-pins.com/animated-flag-gif/gifs/India_120-animated-flag-gifs.gifhttp://status.ivao.aero/414320.png

I have visited PilotShop in search for a 787-800i to purchase, however, I can’t find a B.A version as I live in the U.K.

Thanks for the heads up on this one; you have made it quite clear now as to the “readme text”.

It’s too expensive purchasing from PilotShop as to the import duties, postage, and packaging.

FlightStore is the U.K outlet and have limited stock for aircraft.

Thanks.

Archived